• +
  • Last »

82 Replies - 6348 Views - Last Post: 20 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Guild Wars 2

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:50 AM

You're all welcome to join my guild on Gate of Madness if anyone is looking for a guild. Got a few friends from other games on there an we're looking to add some more dedicated people to get involved in all aspects of the game.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:52 AM

Same applies to the Pance Dancers, provided people from other servers can be in the same guild, can't say I've tried.

Our policy mostly involves dancing around wearing nothing in Lion's Arch, and, when we get more members, naked dungeon raids.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:38 AM

View Postgabehabe, on 05 September 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

Same applies to the Pance Dancers, provided people from other servers can be in the same guild, can't say I've tried.

Our policy mostly involves dancing around wearing nothing in Lion's Arch, and, when we get more members, naked dungeon raids.

Are you sure you weren't in my guild in WoW? Naked dungeon raids was one of our specialities :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:53 AM

I don't do WoW, I refuse to pay monthly for ANY game. :)

But yeah, let's all get added up and shizzle.

Captain Hammered / gabehabe.1570
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:59 AM

Kilorn Rasata / Kilorn.2104

Oddly enough, 2104 were the last four digits of my phone number in the town where I grew up. A little coincidence that I found interesting.

This post has been edited by Kilorn: 05 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:08 AM

View Postgabehabe, on 05 September 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

Yeah, they allow cross-server guilds. I am in one at the moment :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

View Postgabehabe, on 05 September 2012 - 05:06 AM, said:

Did the Acalonian Catacombs last night. RIDICULOUSLY difficult.

Did you do story or explore mode? Story mode is difficult, explore mode is hellish.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#38 Curtis Rutland  Icon User is online

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

I'll throw this out there. I thought I had hit my swing of things with my elementalist. Really having fun. But then the story areas started kicking my ass! The level 8 one took me like four tries! Am I just bad, or is there something I'm missing? Or are ele's just ultra-squishy?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:04 AM

View PostGWatt, on 06 September 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

View Postgabehabe, on 05 September 2012 - 05:06 AM, said:

Did the Acalonian Catacombs last night. RIDICULOUSLY difficult.

Did you do story or explore mode? Story mode is difficult, explore mode is hellish.

Story mode, but we're all low-health builds. Didn't have a tank.
2 Thieves, 1 Elementalist, 1 Engineer and 1 Necromancer. The fight with the two ghosts was the worst, we were all pretty much one-hitted. I ended up stealthing around in the area and just aggro-ing them when everyone else went down to stop them from regenerating.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:29 AM

Curtis Rutland: At that level your story line depends on your race and character creation backstory options. You might have picked a difficult combination.

gabehabe: That fight is the hardest. The easiest way to do it is to do Kasha Blackblood first. She is connected by a short tunnel with doors that are triggered by pressure plates. You can draw one of the ghosts into the tunnel and close the door. Even if you don't want to do it that way the way point for Kasha is right there so you can keep people in the room and prevent Raleena and Vassar from healing.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:55 AM

Oh yeah, I fought my first dragon last night too. Was a tad underleveled though, I was 54/55 and the dragon was 65, summoning level 70 Risen. Was pretty awesome watching so many people lay into it.. at least until I got one-hitted from behind by one of said Risen. I did so little damage to the dragon that I didn't even get exp. Next time!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

Here's the level 65 dragon. Hopefully I'll run into it again tomorrow now that I'm around the 60 mark and I'll actually be able to make a dent.

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image
  • Attached Image

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

I played this game for a good 2 hours. I felt so lost and confused. I'm a necromancer and my abilities are based on my weapons? :/ Alot of my WoW buddies left for this game but I just don't see it. The no raids thing is something I don't like. 40 man MC was my kinda thing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

I'll agree with Ticon that I am not sure I like having all my skills based on the weapon I wield. But it makes sense that a sword would lend itself to different attack types than a staff. I personally wish it was the other way around and only 3 of my skills were based off of the weapon combination allowing me to choose 5 of them (I know I can change my healing skill, 3 utilities, and an elite, but that really leaves me with 4 useful skills, 2 of which require you to be 20+ to actually use). If I was able to choose 5 utilities, a healing and an elite it would be better.

I also think that they should have done a skill tree system instead of a skill tier system, but that may just be me.

The game overall is pretty good, though I believe they failed in eliminating the need to grind. Instead they just changed what needs to be ground from killing mindlessly to killing mindlessly within the event circle.

I have finally made it to the 40-50 area (started in the level 45 section at level 38... that was fun). Currently I am level 40 or 41 and slowly climbing (well quickly when doing events, they give like 2-3K exp for gold at this point. That means you need to do like 12 events to get up a level :) Hopefully it won't be much longer before I find a dragon, though it sounds like it is still 20 levels away...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:27 AM

First game I buy full price since 2003. Completely worth the 59$.

The game is so god damn fun, and everything just feels dynamic. At no point did I feel the WoW grind of endlessly killing shit.

You run around and world events fire, giving you a real sense of MMO. It's an amazing feeling to see "Defend the lab from these Rat-people-things!" and you run up to the event area and see 20 people kicking ass! You (being an asura engineer of course!) drop down a Healing Turrent and GO TO TOWN.

Ugh, this is great! Haven't had this much fun with an MMO since Burning Crusade all those years ago.

Cherry on Top: NO MONTHLY FEES.

Edit: Is there some Armory type thing where you can link to your character?

This post has been edited by Sergio Tapia: 19 September 2012 - 04:29 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »