0 Replies - 1680 Views - Last Post: 28 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Wanted: Game Tester (Volunteer)

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

I am currently seeking a small number (up to 3) game testers for an open-source game project. Because it is open-source and there are no commercial plans at this time, the position is volunteer with release credits.

Our development team is very small - we have a lead programmer, a junior programmer/webmaster (me), and an XML/content developer. We all stay busy within our respective areas and having to self-test everything takes away from the time that we can spend developing new features.

As a dedicated game tester, you would have access to the newest features before they are made available in the version release. Your contributions could also have a direct impact on new features and content in the game.

If you are interested, please send me a PM on DiC or contact me (FatalPriapism) via the game's forum at:
The Airline Forum

The game:

The Airline, an airline management business simulation. It is text based with a simple and intuitive user interface.

The ideal candidate:

• Obviously, being an aviation/business enthusiast is paramount to this position. We want you to enjoy the game as you test it.
  • High speed internet connection
  • Familiarity with compressed file manipulation
  • Familiarity with basic C# and XML concepts
  • Familiarity with C# IDEs. We currently use Visual Express C# and Visual Studio Ultimate 2012
  • Familiarity with SourceForge
  • General ability to thoroughly test features and detect/report bugs to the programming team

What you need to do the job:
  • PC running Windows XP or higher, .NET 4 framework, minimum 2GB RAM (to run the game)
  • Visual Express C# (Free from Microsoft)
  • File compression utility compatible with .gz and .tar formats

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1