Our development team is very small - we have a lead programmer, a junior programmer/webmaster (me), and an XML/content developer. We all stay busy within our respective areas and having to self-test everything takes away from the time that we can spend developing new features.
As a dedicated game tester, you would have access to the newest features before they are made available in the version release. Your contributions could also have a direct impact on new features and content in the game.
If you are interested, please send me a PM on DiC or contact me (FatalPriapism) via the game's forum at:
The Airline Forum
The Airline, an airline management business simulation. It is text based with a simple and intuitive user interface.
The ideal candidate:
- Obviously, being an aviation/business enthusiast is paramount to this position. We want you to enjoy the game as you test it.
- High speed internet connection
- Familiarity with compressed file manipulation
- Familiarity with basic C# and XML concepts
- Familiarity with C# IDEs. We currently use Visual Express C# and Visual Studio Ultimate 2012
- Familiarity with SourceForge
- General ability to thoroughly test features and detect/report bugs to the programming team
What you need to do the job:
- PC running Windows XP or higher, .NET 4 framework, minimum 2GB RAM (to run the game)
- Visual Express C# (Free from Microsoft)
- File compression utility compatible with .gz and .tar formats
- SVN Client helpful but not required