3 Replies - 2009 Views - Last Post: 06 September 2012 - 06:01 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Photo gallery

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

Hi all,

Could someone suggest me a good free photo gallery? I'm building a site for someone who has no programming skills at all. I would like the gallery to automatically detect how many images are in a particular folder then populate the thumbnail gallery (and create the thumbnails automatically).

Thanks guys!
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Photo gallery

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Photo gallery

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:41 AM

Off the top of my head I don't know any photo galleries that do that automatically. In reality though you can just take a gallery script that you like and run a php script that will pull the files and loop through them.

It's really just a matter of getting the files to display on the page in the way that the gallery can use them.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

Check out cleanfolio.com

They have a free version which pretty much crams deviantart down your throat :P and they also have a paid version where you can use your own url. I believe they have a back end set up so you can easily upload your images and have them pop up in thumbnails as you described.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:01 AM

When I have access to my laptop this evening I'll send you a link to the best free one that I have found.

I used to run a blog on Blogger and it worked excellently. You can add as many images as you wish, adjust the size, set the speed of the slideshow, and the user can on_mouseover have the option to proceed forward or backwards in the gallery at their own pace, or even pause it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1