4 Replies - 2152 Views - Last Post: 30 August 2012 - 03:36 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Review My Site

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:54 AM

Hi, please check out my blogger blog http://www.kydevolution.blogspot.com. I welcome any suggestions to make it better. Thank you
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Review My Site

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Review My Site

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:24 AM

Using IE8:

Your pop-up login thing - while annoying enough to make me leave the page immediately - also doesn't display entirely in this browser. The box is cut short, cutting off your "X" graphic in the corner.

There is entirely too much going on in the center column. I would recommend displaying fewer articles. I hate pages that seems to scroll on endlessly forever.

Aside from that, I'm not sure what you'd like me to critique since you used someone else's template for the design.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:30 AM

In terms of the template, yeah. But i did quite a handful of edits on it. I'll fix the lightbox soonest. Thank you for your time
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Hash != Encryption
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:10 AM

Why are you pumping so many ads into this so soon? IMO, ads are VERY hard to implement in the perfect matter so that both you and your viewers are happy. This is an example that makes me want to destroy things. Upon visiting your site, I got one of those ads that loads a whole other website and gives a bar for me to proceed to your site. Upon clicking "proceed", I got a pop-up ad. Yeah - thanks, dick.

As for the site itself... It's a template. Not sure what else to say. It looks like it's been butchered and slapped back together. Things not lining up, things being too large, a lot of crap just laying around. It looks messy and busy.

Okay, as I'm browsing your site it keeps on showing pop-ups whenever I click a link and doing that stuff I mentioned before with the full-website-ad. You have ads in the corner too. And you have that crappy bar thingy at the bottom.

Yeah I'm not even going through the rest of your site. Get rid of the ads dude. I don't have adblock because I think developers should be able to monetize off their works, but this isn't even your work. It just seems to me like you slapped a bunch of free services and scripts into one.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:36 AM

I am so glad i posted here. Thanks for the detailed review creativecoding, harsh but an eye-opener. I am also a fan of Audience-comes-first, which is why i dont use stuffs like adf.ly etc. i just tried out clicksor earlier in the week and i hated it but anytime i remove it from the blog, its always coming back. The pop-ups and ads in the corner are clicksor's doing. But i've finally gotten rid of it now.

And about the template, i've been pretty tied up to come up with mine, so i just picked up one and edited it. You should have seen the old one, pathetic. The current one is much better but i'll try to make out time to create a cool one soon. Thanks so much
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1