2 Replies - 1801 Views - Last Post: 29 August 2012 - 06:07 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

scan a barcode and search access database

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:52 AM

Hey all,

I'm sort of new when it comes to access - I know VB6 decently (not perfect - but not like a newbie)

I have no idea where to start , but I want to be able to scan a barcode and for it to search the access database and bring up ALL the information in that line (each line has an ID and on that has information such as name , address and things like that) so I want VB6 to display all the information which is with that ID .

Any ideas \= ?

Cheers

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: scan a barcode and search access database

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: scan a barcode and search access database

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:11 AM

Also - is there anyway to set it up so when a barcode is scanned - it will update a pre determined access database field with a predetermined word ?

EDIT: is there anyway to tie the first question in with the second , like scan the first barcode which brings up the information , then after the information is brought up scan a barcode and it will update the predetermined field with the predtermined word for JUST that one single item ?

This post has been edited by S3lkies: 29 August 2012 - 05:49 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: scan a barcode and search access database

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:07 AM

First you need to open a connection to the DB, if you don't know how, search the forum.

Your barcode should represent a single field in the database, so you would execute a query to return all fields where the barcode matches.

Something like:

Select Field1, Field2....,FieldX from Table where BarcodeField = "your scanned barcode"

Not really sure what you're asking in the second question.

This post has been edited by maj3091: 29 August 2012 - 06:07 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1