1 Replies - 551 Views - Last Post: 01 September 2012 - 06:06 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Chomeless Browser In HTML 5 (etc) Is this possible?

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

My question is general and my idea is short and sweet. I've been attempting to make a webpage that a browser layout engine like GeckoFX directs to on load up using no side windows just an option to full screen, re-size, or minimize. The webpage would handle all storage information requiring a customer login to secure data through an HTTPS connection. Once logged in this will redirect you to the /main/ directory which will have all your home buttons like a metro UI style with a url bar and it will log typed urls allow you to erase them and more.

If anyone can assist me in where to begin or point me in a direction I tried working with Mozilla's Chromeless repository (DONE IN HTML JS AND CSS) and got a descent amount done but it also lacks some of the abilities.

Thoughts are appreciated, I'm all for constructive criticism! I am also aware of the security flaws in this but I will work them out in alpha stages. Please also note this is a HTML & CSS question as I'm not asking anything regarding the implementation of the initial browser window into a C# program.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Chomeless Browser In HTML 5 (etc) Is this possible?

• .. does not guess solutions
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Chomeless Browser In HTML 5 (etc) Is this possible?

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:06 AM

View PostXebroz, on 01 September 2012 - 01:22 AM, said:

Please also note this is a HTML & CSS question as I'm not asking anything regarding the implementation of the initial browser window into a C# program.

But this would make sense, if you want a Chromeless window that hosts a WebBrowser, you can make one in about 10 minutes by starting up a C# Windows Forms project and have done with it.

I don't see how you're attempting to make a chromeless browser with just HTML/CSS since that needs a browser host to be able to be rendered, which will then also be rendering more HTML/CSS inside itself. I guess this is what Mozilla's Chromeless crap browser engine does, but I've never seen it. There's probably no need for the overhead of this though, just host a WebBrowser control in a small wrapper application and there you have it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1