1 Replies - 1525 Views - Last Post: 01 September 2012 - 07:20 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

General Question: Learn Web Pages or Web Forms?

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:31 PM

I know HTML, CSS, and Javascript. Now, I'm learning Asp.net to be a Web Applications Programmer. I am confused about which Tutorial to study because there is one for Web Pages and one for Web Forms on the ASP.NET website. I thought that Asp.net Web Pages were the same thing as Web Forms. Can someone tell me which would be better for me to study for Web Applications Programming.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: General Question: Learn Web Pages or Web Forms?

• Professional Lurker
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: General Question: Learn Web Pages or Web Forms?

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:20 AM

Web Pages are what you create if you're using WebMatrix to develop your web site. WebForms are developed using Visual Studio. That being said, right now Microsoft is really push the MVC framework over both WebPages and WebForms.

asp.net WebPages
asp.net WebForms
asp.net MVC

What's the difference between ASP.NET Web Pages, ASP.NET Web Forms, and ASP.NET MVC?

All three are ASP.NET technologies for creating dynamic web applications:

ASP.NET Web Pages focuses on adding dynamic (server-side) code and database access to HTML pages, and features simple and lightweight syntax.

ASP.NET Web Forms is based on a page object model and traditional window-type controls (buttons, lists, etc.). Web Forms uses an event-based model that's familiar to those who've worked with client-based (Windows forms) development.

ASP.NET MVC implements the model-view-controller pattern for ASP.NET. The emphasis is on "separation of concerns" (processing, data, and UI layers).

This post has been edited by Nakor: 01 September 2012 - 07:22 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1