1 Replies - 1130 Views - Last Post: 02 September 2012 - 01:35 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

microsoft data link error

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:03 AM

hi im a having a problem in connecting to a database i used the adodc and jet provider 4.0for connection of my program in access.and i have a alot of adodc controls in my program they work and run fine but when i tried to add a new adodc control an error message occured it says unspecified error!.and when i buid the connection again and test the connection another error message again saying test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider.authentication failed.!
what should be the problem?pls help me thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: microsoft data link error

• Your Friendly Local Curmudgeon
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: microsoft data link error

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

The main problem is that you're using ADODCs. Nobody uses them, because it's much easier and more flexible to use ADO objects once you learn how. IMHO, since most of the experts here abandoned the ADODC at the first sign of trouble, you won't find too many specific solutions to specific problems. For myself, I have used the ADODC once in a production application, to work around a bug in the DataRepeater control. I probably could have used ADO objects as well.

If you decide to use the ADO objects, let us know. We'll be glad to help--after you've been through the tutorials and set up a basic connection and recordset.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1