1 Replies - 567 Views - Last Post: 03 September 2012 - 04:13 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

A tale of long forgotten code.

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:15 AM

Once, a long long time ago, I was staring intently at IDLE.
I had been searching for something to code, and I decided to create a text based Japanese style RPG.
This was a foolish choice, as I had only just learned the basics of OOP, but still, I made a valiant effort, and in the end I sorta kinda succeeded.

Here are the results of that endeavor, as you can see it's crap code using many bad / sub-optimal practices. I recently found this code again and decided to finish it, but after discovering how awful it was to work with I decided instead to do the bare minimum to tie up the loose ends, and unleash the code for others, surely more talented than I, to do with what they will, be it simply playing the game, taking the code for their own purposes, or even taking on the impossible task of turning it in to a complete game.

Here is a compiled version if you want to play it.

So yeah, enjoy.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: A tale of long forgotten code.

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: A tale of long forgotten code.

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:13 AM

Old code is fun. It shows you how much you've grown.

So, fix it. Your classes aren't really classes; start there. Even if you plan to just start fresh, the exercise of going over your old though process will help.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1