• (2 Pages)
  • +

16 Replies - 1177 Views - Last Post: 13 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

• .. does not guess solutions
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: HDD v SSD v Hybrid

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:03 AM

I got a new laptop the other night with a nice fast i5 and plenty (12GB) of RAM, and a 1TB HDD.

As much as I love the space, this thing is slow as crap compared to my old system which was an i3/10GB RAM/SSD. I literally don't want to do any work on this, it's sooooo slow and it drives me mad to have to wait more than a split second for the machine to do something or show signs of opening an application.

So, my shiny new Samsung 256GB SSD arrives tomorrow :)

Once you've used one seriously, it's going to be impossible to go back to normal.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: HDD v SSD v Hybrid

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

generally, the only people who dislike SSDs are people that try to replace their storage HDDs with SSDs and those who think that SSDs will speed up their CPU-heavy jobs.

why those people think SSDs will fix their problems...i do not know. they then go on to blame SSDs for being useless when in reality they should be blaming themselves for not taking the time to analyze their needs.

SSDs are meant to improve multi-tasking in your system; feel free to transfer files at the same time as you're opening 10 instances of photoshop (or something more useful...).* At the end of the day, they make you more productive by reducing the amount of frustration you need to deal with during daily usage (eg, waiting for applications to open).

*you try that on a consumer HDD and tell me what happens ;)

This post has been edited by The Architect 2.0: 13 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +