7 Replies - 768 Views - Last Post: 06 September 2012 - 08:41 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Browser based game, Help please

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

I am going into 4th year of my course in college and I have chosen a Massively Multiplayer Browser-Based Game for my Project for the year.

I did some research on Browser-baised games, and honestly there is no easy access info out there.

Can someone provide me a link or two to help me get started please.

I have experience in Java,javascript,HTML5,C,C++,C# and Flash, and some SQL.

I have built websites before, and Java is my main Lanugage.

The game can be anything i want, just have to build an interactive website with Ajax also.

Can anyone help me please.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Browser based game, Help please

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Browser based game, Help please

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:56 AM

Can someone provide me a link or two to help me get started please.

Define "get me started". Do you have a concept written out? State diagram sort of built up? An idea of what pages are needed? A definition of how the user will interact with the game? How the user will interact with each other? How data will be stored/retained? How logins will be done? Do you ever played a browser based MMO? If so think of everything you interacted with on those games and jot that down. Does that measure up to your list?

I am going into 4th year of my course in college and I have chosen a Massively Multiplayer Browser-Based Game for my Project for the year.

Typically if you are asking "where to start" I would suggest a different project focus.

I did some research on Browser-baised games, and honestly there is no easy access info out there.

What do you mean? There are plenty of information. What were your search terms?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

As much as i appreciate your fast reply, i cant help but feel as though your talking to me as though i am quite stupid.

I have game concept and user interaction all complete, and i have a rough idea of all the classes.

I have created loads of games in flash and java, what i have never done is created a browser baised game, and i was just looking for some direction regards making a game that is online and multiplayer.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:16 AM

As much as i appreciate your fast reply, i cant help but feel as though your talking to me as though i am quite stupid.

I would swap stupid with naive, yes.

I have game concept and user interaction all complete, and i have a rough idea of all the classes.

Typically that is good information to impart.

I have created loads of games in flash and java, what i have never done is created a browser baised game, and i was just looking for some direction regards making a game that is online and multiplayer.

Okay then get more specific. If you have the entire pages created and concept nailed out - what specifically are you having trouble understanding? I am hoping with loads of flash and java game experience for a bit of articulation so the community can narrow down the help to something germane.

Are you asking for browser BASED or am I missing something with "baised"?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:22 AM

Thank you have been so very helpfull.

One final question, how do i remove this thread?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:31 AM

We don't remove threads..

I am guessing you found out what ever info you needed to start? I am still curious on the crux of your "where to start" question was found. Cest la vie.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

ahh no, I still have no idea where to start but i guess that is the answer, I have no idea how to turn a java game into a multiplayer browser game, so i will pick a different project I suppose.

I just wanted to delete this thread because it is not very helpfull to any other user, and my poor english has stained the whole tread.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

Oh pish posh... you've created loads of games, right? Then you know how to articulate the parts of a game. You have a game design and design docs, right? Assuming that wasn't just posturing then you should have definable gaps on what you want to do and your current knowledge base. Just draw a circle around those gaps and slap them down in a thread. A chunk of solving a problem is being able to DEFINE the problem.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1