• +

16 Replies - 2644 Views - Last Post: 08 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Looking for a partner / game develoepr

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

View PosttlhIn`toq, on 08 September 2012 - 05:26 PM, said:

View Postgamecampaign, on 08 September 2012 - 04:14 AM, said:

I am learning xna currently but I need a partner to help speed up the development....

*learnING* XNA. So its still all new to you. You've never actually built anything. Which means you've never really architected a working design.

I think what you are really saying isn't 'partner'. What you're really saying is 'Sole software engineer and coder - mixed with being my private programming tutor'

Why is this so funny? Because we see 50 posts like this a month, where someone with no programming experience thinks they have the next "Angry Birds" concept and that it can all be done inside a month... but lack any real understanding of development or coding... so expect that 1,000 programmers are going to just drop everything and rush to work for some hypothetical percentage of sales.

If you're so sure of your concept then offer this...
$ x,000 per week as a minimum base salary
$ x,000 when the game reaches the first milestone and is released to beta testers
$ x,000 when the game reaches the second milestone and is released to the public
$ x,000 when the game reaches the third milestone and sells its 5,000th copy.
plus x% of gross for continued work after the third milestone.

When you back up your confidence with payment it will stop being so damned funny.

*Learning* as in Xna, I've programmed in c# for 7 years. Im not some kid with no experience. Thanks for ripping on someone you know nothing about. I'm looking for a PARTNER not a sole programmer. You know you might want to consider being a little bit nicer then ripping on someone who is new to the forums. I'm not forcing you to join, I am simply posting to see if anyone would like to help out and get in on the profits if any. Note, I know about investment groups but I can currently create this game alone, but another programmer would help speed up the process. No need for an investor.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Hash != Encryption
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Looking for a partner / game develoepr

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

This is Post A Job. Please only make topics if you are hiring, not if you are looking for a buddy.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +