2 Replies - 888 Views - Last Post: 10 September 2012 - 01:36 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Need .NET C# advice for beginner

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

Hey Everyone!

I am a beginner when it comes to coding in ASP.NET & C#, I've been working on web applications and have used most of the ASP.NET controls in my applications which I am comfortable with & have learnt a lot of their capabilities. I am looking to enhance my knowledge in building .NET applications as I am aware that there are a lot of C# functions that I haven't used and some ASP.NET controls along with Ajax/JQuery controls that I have not worked on. I am trying to enhance my knowledge just to better myself when it comes to coding in C# and also simply just to have a better approach to future projects. I was wondering if you guys can point me in the direction of books that cover these topics along with working with SQL datasets & JQuery controls. Knowledge wise I don't think I am where I would like to be and I definitely would like to change that.

Appreciate all the help I can get.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Need .NET C# advice for beginner

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Need .NET C# advice for beginner

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

Moving...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Need .NET C# advice for beginner

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:36 AM

If you started with ASP.NET, you've started several stages in. While you're using built-in classes and functions, it's entirely possible you don't know what they do. To that end, I suggest you run through some tutorials from the ground up.

First, I recommend the tutorials at C# Station which are easy to follow, and cover the basics right up. From there, it's kind of a rinse-and-repeat situation. You may think you understand it already, but covering old ground can be very helpful. Try the tutorials in the C# Tutorials section here at DIC. Maybe try some projects at Project Euler and, if you can't do any of them, find a specific tutorial on the subject.

Use console applications. They're the quickest and easiest way to learn.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1