• (4 Pages)
  • +

49 Replies - 7027 Views - Last Post: 22 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What headphones do you use?

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:20 AM

I'm currently using Sennheiser HD555.. :)

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Monomania
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:50 AM

View PostChoscura, on 12 September 2012 - 06:46 AM, said:

or whatever the Dre ones are called,

Hey, you forgot the Dr.! R-E-S-P-E-C-T! ^^

Anyway, what's with the db and acoustic stuff? I just use my iPod's equalizer to make my earbuds sound more awesome.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:29 AM

I have a orange pair of Beats Studios I use at home, they sound great and they were freaking orange. I use whatever is the cheapest sport style headphones for the gym, I refuse to spend more than ten bucks on a pair of gym headphones because I have a tendency to rip them out of my ears when I'm lifting.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

i think most people are the same way with gym headphones. whenever you see someone in beats or something you know that they are going to quit wearing them soon after they ruin them, or that they aren't serious and you won't see them again after a couple days.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• LIKE A BOSS
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

For working out, I have a pair of cheap Sony behind-the-ears. I can't do earbuds (they all fall out) so I'm stuck with those. For blocking out my coworkers, I just got a pair of Seinnheiser HD202 II's ($25) that are decent enough. I'm not much of an audiophile.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:48 AM

I had the Beats Studios. The sound wasn't incredible. I don't use headphones anymore, but might pick up the V-Moda Crossfade LP. The look awesome and I know the sound quality is amazing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:15 AM

I am using ScullCandy Hesh but after breaking the 3 pair in 2 years I am going to change to another brand, the sound is good comapred to the price
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:25 AM

I use Astro A40's for PC & Xbox, and I have a cheap pair of skullcandy earbuds for my iPhone on the go.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

Skullcandy Hesh Carbon/Red:

Love em, they've held up well for personal use, as well as DJ gigs.

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

Looking through this thread, I am surprised nobody has mentioned Audio Technica ATH-M50s. A little pricey, but incredible sound quality considering they're professional studio monitoring headphones.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

When transiting around I use JVC Extreme Explosives (XX) ear buds. About $40 and have already outlasted two sets of skullcandy ear buds. The base is insane on them but what I like about them the most is that they have the old school wires... they tangle, but they stay secure to the plug which is great for when I take my ipod out of my pocket and put it back in. That is where the skullcandy broke down, the connection from the wire to the plug would loosen and cause problems.

Now make sure not to get the single anti tangle wired ones. Go the old school two cords glued together ones because those are really flexible cords. They tangle if you are not careful, but they offer the best resistance against the wire separating from the plug.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

Corsair Vengeance 1500s.

Most comfortable headphones I've ever had.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

I use a pair of these:

Posted Image

They're very comfortable, has a mic, and good bass/sound. I would really like a good sound setup at home with much better headphones, card, etc. but the music is all mp3 anyways so it's not going to really sound any better than the format- it's not like I'm going to listen to vinyl or anything. I would totally get a few discs of this old physical format if any of the bands I like actually made them. Instead everyone just makes these CDs with all the sound components ramming the ceiling because its just louder or something. I've on occasion heard much better mastered tracks because I listen to classic rock sometimes, but everyone just downloads a bunch of tracks smashed into this compression format invented in the previous decade.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:51 AM

My main headphones are the Seinheiser HD 25-1 II's. They are very high quality headphones for portable monitoring and DJing. The sports commentators at the BBC use these on TV for their awesome noise reduction properties.

Posted Image

http://en-de.sennheiser.com/hd-25-1-ii
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

Bit of a necro, but I just bought a pair of V-Moda Crossfade LPs (in GunMetal Black)for $114 new on Amazon. These things are badass, and I'm really impressed with V-Moda's presentation. They came in a really cool box with a snap fastener and a ribbon you have to cut instead of tape. The headphones come with a semi-rigid, zippered case that includes two "Kevlar reinforced Universally compatible audio only cables" (one with volume controls and a pause button for your phone/iPod/whatever) that are definitely nicer than most headphone cables I've used, and have a unique jack that is really handy if you prefer to place your phone jack-down in your pocket. It also included a 1/4" adapter. The case itself has a cool bungee system to hold your cables, the jack, and the cleaning cloth that came with it as well. The headphones themselves feel like they're really high quality, and the sound is superb. It even came with a small d-ring to attach the case to something, and two small velcro cable ties. Overall, I'm pretty blown away by what showed up on my doorstep from Amazon. I would have paid the $114 just for the headphones, but the extras definitely make me feel like I got my money's worth.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by h4nnib4l: 19 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (4 Pages)
  • +