5 Replies - 521 Views - Last Post: 25 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Introduction :)

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:17 PM

Hi, my name is not actually Kurt, but I usually don`t just hand out my name, and information about me on the internet. I am 24, full time student. I always loved programming, and I always tried to learn it, and now I have it as a class in college, and I just can`t get the hang of things... I really want to learn it, and I try my best, and hopefully in the future I will be able to help other beginners on this site with their code, but for now I need a lot of help myself.

I am actually the kind of guy who only understands how something works if I see the finished product, but since I am forbidden to ask for someone to actually write a whole code for me, I`ll try living with the hints I can get, and try to make it work in the end.

I know most of the stuff I`ll post is basic for most of you guys, but don`t laugh, just remember that you also were at the same point, some time ago, making the same mistakes, and asking the exact same questions.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Introduction :)

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: Introduction :)

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:32 PM

sup
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Monomania
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:05 AM

Hey there dude, welcome to DIC. I assure you no one's going to laugh on any of your questions. In fact, everyone asks the most basic questions even if they are on the expert level, because you can never know anything in programming. And an inquisitive mind shows someone who really wants to learn. You can do it! What language are you coding though?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:40 AM

Welcome to to DIC. Looking forward to

View PostKurt_Ryuu, on 10 September 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

I am actually the kind of guy who only understands how something works if I see the finished product, but since I am forbidden to ask for someone to actually write a whole code for me, I`ll try living with the hints I can get, and try to make it work in the end.

Build small things, look at the finished product, learn something from it. Build slightly larger things, repeat. Make mistakes, figure out how to fix them.
That's how everyone learned this stuff, you can do it too.
As long as we can see you trying to do your part, nobody's going to laugh at a serious question.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:53 AM

View PostfromTheSprawl, on 14 September 2012 - 12:05 AM, said:

Hey there dude, welcome to DIC. I assure you no one's going to laugh on any of your questions. In fact, everyone asks the most basic questions even if they are on the expert level, because you can never know anything in programming. And an inquisitive mind shows someone who really wants to learn. You can do it! What language are you coding though?

Sorry for the late response, I was very busy with assignments and stuff. I am trying to program in JAVA, I have that as class in college.... I did a little bit of coding in C++ a while ago, and to be honest, it somehow seemed to me that C++ is easier or more logical then JAVA xD... I will learn other languages too... I subscribed to "codeAcademy" the project which teaches javascript, html, and stuff like that... I love programming in general, lets see how good I get, and how long it actually takes me :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Monomania
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

Interesting, I actually think Java is easier to read than C++. Oh well, good luck with school, and of course with your learning of programming. ^^
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1