3 Replies - 978 Views - Last Post: 12 September 2012 - 03:28 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Need Help from Software engineer

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:05 AM

Hello folks I am new programmer so I want know the corporate practice means not theory actual work scenario of a programmer. The start stage of programmer how he should adopt to work place and work on code. Please software engineer's share your moments with me to get confidence for development I am c/c++ starter please explain me in detail of project work thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by Salem_c: 12 September 2012 - 01:07 AM
Reason for edit:: removed font SIZE ABUSE!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Need Help from Software engineer

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Need Help from Software engineer

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:37 AM

Uhh.. are you sure you're posting this in the correct section?

Anyway, when I first joined a company as a software developer, the first 2 weeks was kinda tough for me, as I needed some time to get used to all the frameworks they're using. Back in the university days, the lecturers only taught us the basics of Java and C++, and that's definitely not enough when you're out there working.

I was involved in a research and development project in the company. It was a group project and we were supposed to create web applications to enter new records/store records of the employees' contact info, working hours, expenses, leave applications etc. My basic in Java was not good, and it took me 3 weeks to get used to frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, Zk Framework etc.

My advice to you is to learn as much as you can yourself, don't rely on the theories you learn in the university, practice as much as you can so that you are truly fluent in the language. Then it will be easier for you to pick up the pace. Don't be too worried though, I'm sure you will be assigned a supervisor to help you out when you're stuck, and once you're up to the pace, things will be fine. :)

Good luck my friend. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:21 AM

Moved to Corner Cubicle
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Monomania
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:28 AM

If your company doesn't provide training, I suggest finding someone nice who knows the system you will be handling and let him/her teach you. If you're going to do a new project, and you'll be doing it alone, I tell you that you're in deep trouble if you're not confident with your coding, but not so deep enough you can't get out of it. Just read and practice the technologies you will be using and you'll get along fine in your work. Now what if you're tasked to handle support of a system? I believe that there will be someone there at least to turnover that system to you so don't be afraid to ask all your questions on how stuff works. Also, if you're stuck in a problem, DIC is always here to help. ^^
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1