1 Replies - 797 Views - Last Post: 12 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

QML

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:40 AM

Is anyone using Qt's QML when creating an application ?
If so , what do you use it for ? I read somewhere that you can use it to make the application the way you want and behave nice but is it better than the default look-and-behave ? Also, I heard that you can use Javascript with it , what can you do with that ? (My best guess is animations and new behaviour but I want to be sure)
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: QML

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: QML

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

I've used QML a bit. I did a very small game in it - nothing serious just to try it out, really.

I read somewhere that you can use it to make the application the way you want and behave nice but is it better than the default look-and-behave ?

For desktop applications I'm a big fan of a native look and feel. I usually hate applications that come with their own non-native look and feel.

Games are a different matter, though. For those a unique look and feel often works well. And mobile applications, too, I suppose.

That said, it is possible (though, I think, still experimental) to use native widgets with QML, so that's not a deal breaker.

Also, I heard that you can use Javascript with it , what can you do with that ?

Everything. You can write the entire application in Javascript if you want. I think Javascript is most commonly used for animations and input handling while C++ is used for the main application logic.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1