1 Replies - 912 Views - Last Post: 12 September 2012 - 05:48 AM

Poll: Looking for game developer . Will pay (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Are MMORPG Games boring and repetitive?

1. Yes (5 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. No (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Looking for game developer . Will pay

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:25 AM

For the last couple of weeks I've been trying to program a Single Player Offline strategy game but it's getting too hard and frustrating. What I am willing to do is pay a programmer to implement the idea for me. I already have the main page and a simple image from MSpaint of what the strategy map looks like but once I tried to learn how to create an interactive map I just flopped.

Firstly I have a few questions:
Is it possible to safely sell the game as a download on the Internet? Similar to how they sell apps in the app store

Is there a programming language that will enable the game to be played on the computer as well as the tablet devices (iPhone/iPad)?

Would it be possible to add expansion packs to the original game to add new features?

Could I host the site on a normal hosting site or would I need something special to protect the download link from virus'?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Looking for game developer . Will pay

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Looking for game developer . Will pay

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:48 AM

First off, this should be put in the Post a Job section and I'm sure someone will move it but to answer your questions:

1. Yes. Digital distributors like Steam make selling games over the internet incredibly easy for us.
2. C# is a great language for working with games, especially with the added power and flexibility of the XNA framework. To get a C# application, or game, to work on iOS devices, you'll need to use the MonoGame framework as well.
3. Steam offers you the chance to update and release DLC for your games that are currently listed, so yes.
4. Someone with a little more experience on hosting can hopefully answer this for you.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1