1 Replies - 646 Views - Last Post: 12 September 2012 - 07:34 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

What does cmake do and how do I use it

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

Hey there everybody, I know I haven't been on in a while I've been really busy with work. Well on to my question, I have recently downloaded Visual express 2010, smfl, and cmake; but I have no idea what cmake is used for, how to use it, why I even need it, or how it applies to smfl. As some of you well have guessed I am following the tile engine tutorial which requires smfl for graphics, and audio data. If anyone can please answer my questions without sending me to cmakes site (because I didn't understand a lick what was written there) that would be great. To any expert game programmers who read this I know I sound like I want someone to hand me all the building blocks for a game so I can build it and get credit for the work. This is not my intention at all, I am studying on my own but not to much head way. I often do not have the time I would like to work on a project, and studying next to impossible with my three year old nephew running all the time. So please do not judge me on all my questions on this subject. Thank you all for your time.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What does cmake do and how do I use it

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What does cmake do and how do I use it

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

There's a bunch of code (SFML source code). It needs to be built into binaries before it can be used. So you need a system to help build that code.

Cmake is a build system, and SFML uses CMake as its build system.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1