3 Replies - 8128 Views - Last Post: 13 September 2012 - 07:28 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

debugging competition

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:36 AM

we have planned to conduct C debugging competition in our campus with 4 to 5 questions to be solved in 30 minutes.I need some questions for
1.Debugging a program
2.completing a partial program
3.Writing programs to some concepts.
Thank you,
cdig.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: debugging competition

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: debugging competition

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:47 AM

How does #2 and #3 constitute debugging? Debugging by definition is reducing the number of bugs, if you have no program to begin with in #3, then you have no bugs, so therefore you aren't debugging. As for #2, if you have a partial program, there is missing code. Just like #3 where you had no code to begin with and therefore no bugs to remove, so it follows that for the missing code in #2, you have no bugs to remove from non-existent code.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:02 AM

View PostSkydiver, on 13 September 2012 - 02:47 AM, said:

How does #2 and #3 constitute debugging? Debugging by definition is reducing the number of bugs, if you have no program to begin with in #3, then you have no bugs, so therefore you aren't debugging. As for #2, if you have a partial program, there is missing code. Just like #3 where you had no code to begin with and therefore no bugs to remove, so it follows that for the missing code in #2, you have no bugs to remove from non-existent code.

can u suggest some problems on debugging ? as like competition..it include missing of code....
Was This Post Helpful? -1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:28 AM

I believe what you are trying to say is that the error may be that the programmer accidentally forgot to write a line of code, hence, a calculation would not come out right, or there would be no message box output, etc. Correct?

Point #2 however, does not at all pertain to debugging. That would just be a competition as to who can write code the fastest.

This post has been edited by Douggie0001: 13 September 2012 - 07:29 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1