3 Replies - 512 Views - Last Post: 13 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Tools for creating functional prototypes for PHP projects

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:22 AM

Hi everyone,

i'm looking for tools to create functional prototypes for big PHP projects in little time. These will be used to give the client an overview of the product and potentially angariate clients even before the application is done.

Until now, i've found some things like micro-frameworks and the likes, but i would like to know what do you guys use or other good ways to do this kind of fast prototyping.

I've found this: Rapid application prototyping in PHP using a micro framework and it seems like a good starting point. I would like to have more alternatives.

Thanks

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Tools for creating functional prototypes for PHP projects

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Tools for creating functional prototypes for PHP projects

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:26 AM

Using a framework is absolutely the right way to do it, particularly if it's a data-driven site. I'd simply pick the framework you like the best and go for it. Me, for example, I've been using CakePHP for a while, so I'd go with that.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:12 AM

Would you use CakePHP which is a full framework to do a simple prototype of your project, wouldn't you prefer something simpler where you could just make a simple mockup of the application, throw some dummy data and show it to the client?

What i'm trying to ask is if it justifies the use of a micro framework to do this kind of task.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

I would use whatever I was comfortable in. Can't see learning a different framework for something I was trying to quickly prototype. If I knew a microframework, then I would consider using that as well.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1