• +

19 Replies - 1102 Views - Last Post: 13 September 2012 - 10:10 PM

#1 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

WiiU

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:31 AM

Japan has a release date and some pricing...

Nintendo have today finally revealed the release date for the WiiU Console, the 8th December is to be the Japanese Launch date, with the console to come in 2 versions a Basic version that comes in a white colour and has 8GB of internal memory, the Premium version comes in Black and has 32 GB of internal Memory and comes with stand and docks that you dont get with the basic version. Both ship with an HDMI Cable.

All exisiting Wii accessories will work with the WiiU and the new Tablet Gamepad is to ship at a price that converts to £100. Nunchucks will come in 3 different colours.

Nintendo claim that the WiiU is 20 times more powerful than the Nintendo Wii, supports 1080p grahics out of the box and has 1GB of System Memory and the same for Game memory.

The price of the Basic converted to pounds works at £210 and the Premium at £250. New Super Mario Bros. U and Nintendo Land will launch on release day.
cite

Is anyone getting excited for this? It has been eons since I actually purchased a Nintendo console and it's been a while since I had my mitts on a Wii/Gamecube/N64.. Is this the system to turn that around? The tablet looks.. interesting... but damn if Nintendo games aren't a recycling of my old gray cartridges.

Though Dungeons and Dragons: U has some appeal..

edit:
For those who are looking for more informat as well - here's the main site: https://www.nintendo.com/wiiu

Hmmm.. Pikmen3?!

Aliens: Colonial Marines?!!! I can see the game pad working as a nice motion sensor.. ha.

edit #2

Well that didn't take long:

At a press event today in New York, Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime announced that the Wii U will launch in the United States on Sunday, November 18.

The system will come in two configurations: A white basic set at $299.99 that comes with a Wii U GamePad, AC adapter, and HDMI cable. A black deluxe set, costing $349.99, will include all that plus more internal memory, a GamePad charging cradle, stands for the GamePad and console, and a copy of NintendoLand. The deluxe edition will also let users redeem points for every digital download purchased for the system

http://arstechnica.c...ay-november-18/

Wait.. Nintendo TVii?.... hmm... mmm.. I don't know about that..

Fils-Aime also introduced what he called "the most different non-gaming initiative Nintendo has ever introduced," Nintendo TVii. Users will be able to scan TV listings from YouTube, Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Prime videos, as well as their DVR and live TV using the touchscreen GamePad.

This post has been edited by modi123_1: 13 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: WiiU

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: WiiU

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:58 AM

i have the wii and will probably wait for the price to come down.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:00 AM

Twitter has been going crazy with over the press conference, but I've yet to really see anything that makes me really want this console, especially not at that price tag. It's a little high for Nintendo who usually prices their consoles much cheaper to meet a wider market who can't afford the larger prices that their competitors charge.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

You are seeing this as a good upgrade then? Is it more for the slate thing, or the beefier actual console?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• go sabres

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:17 AM

I honestly don't see anything about it that makes me want it at all. It sucks bayonetta 2 is exclusive to it cause the first one was incredible but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. When Microsoft releases their SmartGlass features to the xbox, its going to open up a lot of the features of the WiiU to the current Xbox360 and with the tablets and smartphones that people already own.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

dismissive wank
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• LIKE A BOSS
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:41 AM

I've been unimpressed with every game I played on the Wii. The WiiU has some interesting interface applications, but none that appeal to me any more than Kinect, and the Xbox line has more games that appeal to me.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:40 PM

I have already preorderd and paid mine off. As long as Mario and Zeldas continue to come out, I will chunk out my cash to the Big N, even if the last Zelda was a big disappointment in my opinion.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

Yeah - the wii kinda killed Nintendo for me. I'll pass.

Steam on Linux FTW!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

I agree that the WiiU is an interesting attempt at reviving the platform, but I don't see it working. Nintendo used to be known for hard, innovative games; sadly they seem to be basically recycling content at this point. I haven't even played through Skyward sword yet, but I expect there will be a number of bosses with the same weaknesses that were found in OoT, LttP, Minish Cap, etc. etc. If Nintendo ever gets back on the ball, I may purchase their stuff again. At the moment Microsoft is doing a good enough job on xbox to keep me busy.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

Personally, I haven't cared for a Nintendo console after the gamecube. The games are just NIL if you're older than 15.

I'll be buying the WiiU Elite (or whatever it's called) because my 4 year old will love it, but that's about the only reason. Another Zelda/Mario? *yawn*
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#12 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

Hopefully that tablet thingy isn't fragile! I can see an outcome of that being launched into walls, tvs, dad's boinloins, the dog, whacking a cat, or headbutted into disuse quickly!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

I'm not going to buy another gimmicky set of shiny plastic toys to play with the same Nintendo characters for the 100th time.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Monomania
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

The price? WiiU!!!
Spoiler

Anyway, the price is too expensive to my liking. And could they please stop adding the console name at the end of the games?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#15 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

Five wishful thinking games.. haha..

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +