1 Replies - 634 Views - Last Post: 14 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Coding for a gradually appearing textarea

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

I am writing a form and if a certain radio button is checked, I have a textarea appear under the question so the user can enter more info. I want the textarea to appear gradually, like it is sliding/expanding down until fully open. I did it once, years ago, with a photo gallery, you click the thumbnail and the image would kind of unfold.

I can research it to find the answer, but the problem is I am not even sure what to search for. Is such a thing called 'a gradually opening textarea', or 'sliding open textarea' or what? I have an idea of the code, so I am not looking for code here as I want to figure it out for myself (otherwise, where is the fun??) but a little assistance with search tags would be super. Thank you for reading my post!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Coding for a gradually appearing textarea

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Coding for a gradually appearing textarea

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

View PostBattlFrog, on 14 September 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

I want the textarea to appear gradually, like it is sliding/expanding down until fully open.

An easy way to achieve this effect is by using javascript functions such as slideDown(), but in order to be able to use them you need to get your own a copy of JQuery and add it to your page.
Maybe you should check this JQuery video series.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1