4 Replies - 3321 Views - Last Post: 21 September 2012 - 06:48 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How To Change the title bar color/design Of A Form?

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:18 AM

I saw the property box but there was nothing about the title bar design.
so can anyone help me..??
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How To Change the title bar color/design Of A Form?

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How To Change the title bar color/design Of A Form?

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

All that theming comes from the OS. That's what keeps a consistent look and feel across an entire computer and why you can go to the Windows control panel and choose blue or green or classic with no drop shadow, or HIGH CONTRAST BLACK and have all the applications shift to the new theme.

First: Move up to a language that isn't dead for new projects, and exists primarily for legacy app support. VB.NET for example

Second: Make a borderless form then you can build your own titlebar WITHIN the userworkspace.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:18 AM

View PosttlhIn`toq, on 14 September 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

All that theming comes from the OS. That's what keeps a consistent look and feel across an entire computer and why you can go to the Windows control panel and choose blue or green or classic with no drop shadow, or HIGH CONTRAST BLACK and have all the applications shift to the new theme.

First: Move up to a language that isn't dead for new projects, and exists primarily for legacy app support. VB.NET for example

Second: Make a borderless form then you can build your own titlebar WITHIN the userworkspace.

thanks. for the Information...
but there are many applications who's titlebar, Exit,Minimize,maximize buttons are different than the default of OS..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:22 AM

View PosttlhIn`toq, on 14 September 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

Make a borderless form then you can build your own titlebar WITHIN the userworkspace.

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Your Friendly Local Curmudgeon
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:48 AM

thanks. for the Information...
but there are many applications who's titlebar, Exit,Minimize,maximize buttons are different than the default of OS..

If you're talking about the color, then yes there are, but if you want to do that in VB6, you'll have to work with the API. Investigate EnumChildWindows and SendMessage if you want to get started on that.

On the other hand, you may want to keep in mind that users generally expect to be able to set these features themselves, and are used to doing so via the OS. (There may be many applications that do as you mention, but I can't think of many popular ones.) Furthermore, some colors work with some overall themes and don't work at all with others, even to the point of being functionally illegible.

This post has been edited by BobRodes: 21 September 2012 - 06:50 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1