4 Replies - 2721 Views - Last Post: 15 September 2012 - 09:36 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

My first custom wordpress theme

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

So in an attempt to teach myself from making wordpress themes from scratch. I've created this wordpress-site . I also used this time to learn/experiment with twitter bootstrap ( which I intend on making responsive themes next with). I still have things to do like finishing the arrangement on the footer widgets and consideration for ad areas in the design but it was more of an learning experience then a direct purpose for this site. the site has a rating system (plugin) as well as a membership( optional monthly charges ) area. Any suggestions are welcomed. Currently, the site has no real content is filled mostly with dumby text.

Also, i know this site needs ALOT done as far as optimization , which will come lastly..

This post has been edited by shezzy: 14 September 2012 - 01:12 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: My first custom wordpress theme

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: My first custom wordpress theme

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

It's very clean and simple. Overall, I like it.

My chief complaint would be the text colors at the bottom under "Membership Login" - it's very hard to see the gray and light blue text against the gray background.

Other than that, the big blue "Login" button looks out of place in the middle of the page - personally, I'd move it to the right side.

I love the search box effect - very neat! I've been playing with that for a solid two minutes - click in the box, click out of the box, click in the box, click out of the box....

But in the grand scheme of things, I think it's a spectacular layout. Great job!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:06 AM

Thanks, I originally had the login button to the far right but I had an issue where items in the drop down box was unable to be clicked because of the search box being clicked instead. I might stop the sidebar from being "affixed" which will fix this problem. I plan on either replacing the login widget or atleast fixing the text color/arangement. If you want to try to use the login area you can use this pre-made account:

username: dicmember
password: password

thank you for your feedback/time
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

Not much to do in the members area. I'm not overly fond of the profile edit pop-up. I'm not overly fond of anything that pops up over page content on any site. Is there supposed to custom content for members?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:36 AM

basically there are posts assigned for members of certain types (paid subscriber) , if your on the home page and you click the post w/ title premium content you will notice it will take you to a screen asking you to log in or to subscribe to premium. If you were of "premium" status it would just show you the whole content of that post. Right now I dont have "premium" content more just learning functionality.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1