1 Replies - 2253 Views - Last Post: 15 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Which language should I use in my new projects?

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

I am making a little research about which programming languages and IDE Tools for Desktop GUI development should I use for my next projects. I was developing a sports management game, but I decided that a new language/tool/paradigm would be best.

I would like to know which combos of Language+IDE Tools+Paradigm should I use for now on. I would like something that gives me the following advantages
- Free Tools/IDE (something like Turbo Delphi but not that old - Turbo Delphi still relies on .net framework 1.1)
- Good database development
- Quite popular and not something that will get old soon
- Multi-platform (the final code, not just the tool)

I am not familiarized with environments like Visual Studio, Java-Eclipse or languages like Ruby, and I don't know if they would be a good fit for my purposes.

One project I would like to do next is a Baseball management (using some database like SQLite, Access) using a standard GUI. Here it would be nice if the program is multi-platform. Obviously something similar to Java would be nice here, but I don't know enough of Java Tools to decide if such language would be a good choice for me.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Which language should I use in my new projects?

#2 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Which language should I use in my new projects?

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

We have a pinned thread at the top of the forum. Please check that out.

Also, Java is a language that can be used to accomplish this task.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1