4 Replies - 314 Views - Last Post: 17 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Will I fit in ?

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

Hello my name is chris, and I been searching for a forum that would assist me with my homework in C++. Sometimes I get stuck and it takes hours for me to finally figuere it out it would be fine and dandy except I don't have unlimited amount of time to complete most of my assignments.

More about me, I spend a lot of time in my computer. It can range from reading, gaming, typing up my homework assignment or researching. I sometimes also get distracted and start wondering in the internet to entertain myself. Sport aren't a big deal in my life... although I do enjoy watching NFL.
I am currently taking introductory class to C++

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Will I fit in ?

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Will I fit in ?

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

Welcome!

As for fitting in - just mind the FAQ posted at the bottom of every page, the terms of use, and general rules and you should be fine.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

View Postchris1neji, on 16 September 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

Hello my name is chris, and I been searching for a forum that would assist me with my homework in C++. Sometimes I get stuck and it takes hours for me to finally figuere it out it would be fine and dandy except I don't have unlimited amount of time to complete most of my assignments.

So you need to learn some basic project management. Break the problem down, solve the pieces, test the solutions, assemble them into a working whole, watch it run. Figure out how much time you have to address the project as a whole, and allocate that time effectively. I find it's best to start with the stuff you know how to do and get them up and running as fast as possible, so you can devote undivided attention to the hard parts, but don't forget to leave double the time you think you'll need for putting it all together.

Welcome to DIC.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

Thank you :) I really like your last piece of advice, "Allocate double the time".
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

Learned from hard experience.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +