2 Replies - 878 Views - Last Post: 18 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Microsoft Certification

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:00 AM

I'm thinking about going for Microsoft Certification, to enhance my chances of employability.
I currently have just completed a BSc in Computer Science and gained a First Class with Honours.
The problem I'm having is that I'm getting the interviews but they all say my technical skills are not up to industry requirments.
Would I be able to go straight into doing a Microsoft Certification, I was thinking of doing a MCPD or do I need commercial experience first?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Microsoft Certification

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Microsoft Certification

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:55 AM

Visit the Microsoft Certification page and check what you're going to be test on. Can you comfortably say that you are well versed in the topics mentioned there?

If not, you may need to take a learning course and then take the exam.

There are many online resources to learn about the Microsoft Certification curriculum.

http://www.learnsmar...n-training.aspx
etc

Most cost a lot of money though - you may be able to find the same resources *cough* elsewhere. ;)

This post has been edited by Sergio Tapia: 18 September 2012 - 07:56 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Microsoft Certification

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

this topic is very interesting because i am going through the same issue. I'm about to finish my Computer Science course + MCSD (Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer) course in the next few months, which hopefully would give me the necessary skills to start my career... So it is quite interesting what you have just pointed out...

Be careful not to be ripped off by some institutions, they tend to ask for ridiculous amounts of money to lecture something which sometimes can be quite trivial! Moreover I have also heard that having a Microsoft certification straight after University is rather pointless, since some of the questions asked on Microsoft Certification exams are related to your previous work experience.

Have you thought about doing some sort of voluntary internship just to grasp the basics?+
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1