1 Replies - 371 Views - Last Post: 27 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Developer in Louisville, KY

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

Hello! Glad to join this site. I am looking forward to helping people and receiving help on my own programming projects!

I started programming in Pascal/Turbo Pascal back in the early 90's when I was about 13 years old. My family owned/operated a BBS here in Louisville & Milwaukee area named TopGun BBS and TopSoft Software in the early 90's. The business closed in the mid 90's and we all went our respective ways. I joined and served 8 years in the Navy (4 active/4 reserve). After the Navy I owned/operated a pizza restaurant in Crestwood, KY. I became frustrated with the cost of POS software and managerial software for the restaurant, so I flexed my fingers and opened a C# book and that's when I found my love for programming again. I developed a few programs for the restaurant, and then we sold it in 2008. After selling the restaurant, I accepted a position working in security at the local hospital so I had free time to complete my degree. I am now attending Jefferson Community College in Louisville. I will be graduating this semester with an Associates in Information Systems Programming. They didn't offer C# at this college, so I'v been taking C/C++ and Visual Basic courses. Next spring I am enrolling for the CIT program at Western Kentucky University, to finish my Bachelors.

I'd love to network with other programmers/IT professionals in the area, so feel free to drop me a msg if your in Louisville!

Thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Developer in Louisville, KY

• Perfectly Squared ;)
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Developer in Louisville, KY

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

View Postrobrich22, on 20 September 2012 - 08:30 AM, said:

Hello! Glad to join this site. I am looking forward to helping people and receiving help on my own programming projects!

I started programming in Pascal/Turbo Pascal back in the early 90's when I was about 13 years old. My family owned/operated a BBS here in Louisville & Milwaukee area named TopGun BBS and TopSoft Software in the early 90's. The business closed in the mid 90's and we all went our respective ways. I joined and served 8 years in the Navy (4 active/4 reserve). After the Navy I owned/operated a pizza restaurant in Crestwood, KY. I became frustrated with the cost of POS software and managerial software for the restaurant, so I flexed my fingers and opened a C# book and that's when I found my love for programming again. I developed a few programs for the restaurant, and then we sold it in 2008. After selling the restaurant, I accepted a position working in security at the local hospital so I had free time to complete my degree. I am now attending Jefferson Community College in Louisville. I will be graduating this semester with an Associates in Information Systems Programming. They didn't offer C# at this college, so I'v been taking C/C++ and Visual Basic courses. Next spring I am enrolling for the CIT program at Western Kentucky University, to finish my Bachelors.

I'd love to network with other programmers/IT professionals in the area, so feel free to drop me a msg if your in Louisville!

Thanks!

Welcome to DIC :) We sure are glad to have you here.:)

regards,
Raghav
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1