4 Replies - 2738 Views - Last Post: 20 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Arbitrary Pattern Recognition, Compression, and goal evaluation in one

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

I Have an algorithm that can do all of these things without the use of neural nests or exhaustive searches. The algorithm contructs a pattern to describe its input using boolean algebra expressions. The proess is similar to boolean logic minimization, and indeed the first implemtation of this algorithm was a logic minimizer. Unlike standard logic minimization techniques hoever this algorithm is not limited to a sum of terms or product of sums result but rather has access to a set of defined operations (currently i use the set of 2-input logic gates and the NOT gate) and so can find more complicated patterns using a larger variety of gates that standard logic minimizers. As an example the inclusion of the XOR operation allows for "checkerboard" style patterns in data to be represented by a single instruction, something most logic minimizers will choke on. The algorithm is fairly straightforward but very original. I am looking for a mastercraft programmer, i dont really mind what language, just someone who really knows hat they are doing (a very firm grasp of bitwise operation essential) because i am sick of little bugs getting in the way.

I won't explain the algorithm here but if anyone is interested in a very cool project send me a PM and ill explain the details.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Arbitrary Pattern Recognition, Compression, and goal evaluation in one

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Arbitrary Pattern Recognition, Compression, and goal evaluation in one

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

It looks like you are looking to hire some help... I'll move this to "post a job".
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:30 AM

View Postmodi123_1, on 20 September 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

It looks like you are looking to hire some help... I'll move this to "post a job".

Actually im just looking for someone who shares an interest in this area and would like to help.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

The name of this subforum might be a bit confusing; Not all the treads in here are "for pay" kind of jobs. In fact most of the treads in here are about nonpaid or for the sake of learning/fun projects.

Having said that, in which direction would you like to develop this product? Do you intend for it to be used for something educational/fun or do you intend to create a product that uses this technology to conquer the market? Or maybe something else completely, like world domination? :)

And could you maybe tell us a bit about your qualifications and so on?

This post has been edited by JoopBananenbuiger: 20 September 2012 - 03:51 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

View PostJoopBananenbuiger, on 20 September 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

The name of this subforum might be a bit confusing; Not all the treads in here are "for pay" kind of jobs. In fact most of the treads in here are about nonpaid or for the sake of learning/fun projects.

Having said that, in which direction would you like to develop this product? Do you intend for it to be used for something educational/fun or do you intend to create a product that uses this technology to conquer the market? Or maybe something else completely, like world domination? :)

And could you maybe tell us a bit about your qualifications and so on?

Well at the moment im looking at it entirely from a research perspective. I have been working on this Algorithm for a couple of months and am constantly finding new ways to use it. Basically im just looking for someone else who has the brains to understand it so i have someone i can collaborate with and bounce ideas off. I don't have any particular market audience in mind. This algorithm is so general that the market very much depends on the implementation.

As for qualifications i have none. I am completely self taught but should not be underestimated, i have been busy.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1