2 Replies - 1545 Views - Last Post: 09 October 2012 - 02:05 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Social Media Links (Placement/Usefullness)

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

I have decided to implement the most common social media plugins into my website design. These being FB, Twitter, Google & LinkedIN.

I am coming to you all because I am wondering what types of placement you have used and which scenarios you deem most useful. I own a web hosting company and have implemented the links on my homepage, plan pages, organization information pages, announcements and knowledge-base articles. I have added them to my header, but did think about placing them in the footer. Please check out placement (www.option9.com) and let me know what your thoughts are.

As well: For each page the plugins are on should I use my homepage as the href source or the current page url? Which would be better?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Social Media Links (Placement/Usefullness)

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Social Media Links (Placement/Usefullness)

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

As far as where to place social media plugins on a site, I believe you should base this on your sites layout and/or your personal preference. I say that because you might want the widgets on the side bar, but it may not 'flow' correctly. The widgets may look nice in the footer, but you may want them near the top half of your site because every visitor see's the top half of a site (assuming they don't scroll down and leave the site). Bottom line, its your call just make the widgets noticeable and easily accessible to visitors.

The plugins should be on every page if you are going to put them on your site in my opinion. This gives your visitors the chance to 'like' or 'tweet' or 'plus one' every page, article, etc at a moments notice. Otherwise, the visitor will have to go searching for the page the widgets were on and may not even do so because they don't 'feel like it' or can't find the right page. Also, with the widgets only on one page, only that page can be liked, plus one'd, tweeted whereas if they are on all the pages then all pages can be liked, tweeted, plus one'd, etc.. again, it's your preference, just putting my 2 cents in.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Social Media Links (Placement/Usefullness)

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:05 AM

Hi..

Social media linking is now a days most common. its also good for SEO purpose and also good to know more people know about your feed or submission. I am also using google plus for link share.

Regards
Lura
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1