0 Replies - 1713 Views - Last Post: 20 September 2012 - 09:14 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Conversion of program in to a web app

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:14 AM

Hi!

I have a program written in python 2.7 that performs simple image manipulation e.g. turns selected jpg/png/bmp image files to black&white and negative,etc. It uses a GUI and the python image libraries to achieve the manipulations. The altered image can be saved to the local machine.

I wish to re-engineer it as a learning exerice, so that it works as a web app on say an amazon ec2 server. I would be nice to be able to save the altered on amazon storage. However, web development is new to me so I thought it best to check with others more knowledgable that I am using the correct approach.

I want to try to keep this as simple as possible and it does not need to look too beautiful, so I am planning to use javascript/ html on the browser client and php on the server. I understand that this is the most popular way of doing such a web app? Before I get started on this coding/scripting, could someone more knowledgable please advise whether this proposed javascript/html/php approach is a good one.

Many thanks for your help!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1