3 Replies - 2488 Views - Last Post: 24 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Is LightSwitch Useless?

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

Is LightSwitch Useless?

I have used it to create a GUI to my SQL AZURE database, but there is no generated C# code go look at. Without this, I cannot easily customize what I want to do.

If you look at the Solution Explorer, you will not find any code to step into. So I do not know how customization can work.

Posted Image

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Is LightSwitch Useless?

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Is LightSwitch Useless?

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:25 AM

No, lightswitch isn't useless. I've been at companies that spun it off for non-IT teams to get their CRUD database interactions done.. they create it - they maintain it. It works out well and keeps them busy with manipulating and viewing their data as they want.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:40 AM

View Postmodi123_1, on 23 September 2012 - 02:25 AM, said:

No, lightswitch isn't useless. I've been at companies that spun it off for non-IT teams to get their CRUD database interactions done.. they create it - they maintain it. It works out well and keeps them busy with manipulating and viewing their data as they want.

That is great but it seems that it does all of this without generating any C# code. I want to see the C# code. Is it hidden? Is the fact that it does not produce C# code and is for non-programmers what makes it good?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

From what I remember it does generate C# code, but not that you can easily get into.

is for non-programmers what makes it good?

In my experience - for the exact reason it provides a framework for robust and controlled CRUD database interaction. It offloads a ton of small and odd work for me to keep my on larger projects and the users happy.

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to be convinced by, or are you just trying to get some sort of positive spin quotes? Why not ask someone in or near your department? ;) *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Maybe hunt down this guy and shoot him an email?
https://blogs.msdn.c...Redirected=true
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1