• member icon

• View blog

Re: Nightmareish partner programming

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:40 AM

View Postsmacdav, on 26 September 2012 - 11:23 AM, said:

View Postno2pencil, on 25 September 2012 - 04:03 PM, said:

The project is what is important

Bad advice.

Point well taken. Thank you for providing a real-world scenario from the teacher aspect. I don't believe in 'tattling', & petty bickering seems juvenile. But it's reassuring to know that an instructor such as your self actually listens to the students & works towards a positive outcome.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• |>|20-514<|{3|2

• View blog

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

Indeed, much of this has been very helpful as I have been following it and letting it build a bit. An update as of now is as follows:
The group partner (2 to a group) has continued to do the same routines as far as attitude and meeting neglect. Refuses to work as a "team" and take in to consideration the scope of the assignments. Refuses to take any suggestions (even regarding the c++ standard to use.) we're using C++98 in the current course and assignments will be built with this standard, he has decided he is going to use C++11 knowing the current standard to use. Sent the finalized portion of the project last night at midnight, and then submitted changes to the code a half hour before class started to a repository making it impossible to reflect the changes in my documentation.

Just don't know what to do.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:32 AM

If you have discussed it with your partner next step is to discuss it with your professor. Let them know you have tried to work things out with your partner. Yes you do need to be able to get along with people especially in the work force, but sometimes that is just not possible. Even companies have some sort of conflict resolutions in place. When I was going to school every teacher I had made each group come up with conflict resolutions before work started.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +