2 Replies - 8646 Views - Last Post: 01 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

C++ & C# Integration

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:34 PM

On every C# project I make, I find myself making a C++ project in-order to make system calls. I then compile it with /CLR to a DLL, and use it in my C# code. (usually it includes functions from the Windows API and the DWM API)

But I do wonder about compatibility with 32bit and 64bit.
Is the DLL specified above 32bit/64bit (according to my settings), or can it work perfectly fine in both of the architectures (like in C# for example)?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: C++ & C# Integration

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: C++ & C# Integration

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:26 AM

Integrating C# and C++ can be done in multiple ways. Relatively easier way is to combine C++ to either DLL or COM. This allows you to call C++ code from C#. In addition, you can also integrate C# and C++ at source code level, i.e. static link. This usually need to be done via managed C++ as a glue.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: C++ & C# Integration

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

View Postannaharris, on 26 September 2012 - 05:26 AM, said:

Integrating C# and C++ can be done in multiple ways. Relatively easier way is to combine C++ to either DLL or COM. This allows you to call C++ code from C#. In addition, you can also integrate C# and C++ at source code level, i.e. static link. This usually need to be done via managed C++ as a glue.

That didn't answer my question.
I specifically mentioned that I already do integrate, so I don't need a walk-through.
What I did ask about is about compatibility.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1