3 Replies - 1815 Views - Last Post: 24 September 2012 - 07:45 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

multi user vb application

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:17 AM

i have written a windows application in vb2008 express edition.
i want the same program to be used by multiple users at different location .
A i m new to this multi user enviornment
I want a proper guiendence for the database used and their connectivity and related issues
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: multi user vb application

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: multi user vb application

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:28 AM

According to me, you'll need a server where you can connect all the clients. Install SQL Server threre. You can find a very good tutorial posted by deostroll, at http://www.dreaminco...se-using-adodb/ on dream.in.code. The individual application will be installed on each client and they can Concurrently access the database.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:37 AM

View PostSwapnilbarde007, on 24 September 2012 - 12:28 AM, said:

According to me, you'll need a server where you can connect all the clients. Install SQL Server threre. You can find a very good tutorial posted by deostroll, at http://www.dreaminco...se-using-adodb/ on dream.in.code. The individual application will be installed on each client and they can Concurrently access the database.

Thank u for the reply...
Still have confusion regarding the {Server Name} and their implementation.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

The {ServerName} is the name of the server. When you install SQL server, it ask for desired server name. The same name you should provide in the that parameter. Each server consist of several databases and each database consist of several tables. You should provide appropriate database name and table name in respective next two fields. SQL server has very good capability to handle multiple users at a time. You can use database files instead of server. Like Microsof access or excel databases. But in case of multiuser architecture they are not convenient. It is lengthy topic to describe on this comment. But before you start you must read the concept of n-tier architecture and SQL server.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1