3 Replies - 358 Views - Last Post: 24 September 2012 - 10:00 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Need help with a program that compares search hits on search engines

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:49 AM

Hello everyone,

I really need help with an assignment that compares search hits on search engines for a number of input strings, say "Hello" and "Bye". The program should somehow generate search hits from two different search engines, say altavista and google. And then return the search hits for the input strings above (for example, 440 000 from google and 500 000 from altavista on "Hello" and the same with "Bye") .

I'm only supposed to use .NET system classes. So I am a little lost and could really use some help. Thanks a lot in advance!

View PostNoob99, on 24 September 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

Hello everyone,

I really need help with an assignment that compares search hits on search engines for a number of input strings, say "Hello" and "Bye". The program should somehow generate search hits from two different search engines, say altavista and google. And then return the search hits for the input strings above (for example, 440 000 from google and 500 000 from altavista on "Hello" and the same with "Bye") .

I'm only supposed to use .NET system classes. So I am a little lost and could really use some help. Thanks a lot in advance!

To clarify, I don't understand how I can get the search hits from these search engines using only .NET system classes. And also, is it possible to solve this with a console application?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Need help with a program that compares search hits on search engines

#2 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Need help with a program that compares search hits on search engines

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:51 AM

See the Google search API.

I really need help with an assignment that compares search hits on search engines

Also, I don't mean to be rude, but this isn't an assignment for people who have never written code before. It sounds like you haven't done much coding yourself. I'm curious as to what sort of class you are in?
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:53 AM

View Postmacosxnerd101, on 24 September 2012 - 09:51 AM, said:

Can I use this with only the .NET system library?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:00 AM

Yes. The Google API describes how to access and return data.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1