• (22 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

325 Replies - 32705 Views - Last Post: 01 September 2015 - 02:41 PM

• Conversion Software Version 7.0

• View blog

Re: Local Yokels

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:39 PM

Just hold them accountable for the crimes they commit. It's only just now starting to happen. And even so I expect the Ray Tensing (the cop who murdered Sam DuBose) will get similar punishment to Stephen Roach - the officer who killed Timothy Thomas in 2001 and triggered a race riot. He, by the way, was quietly acquitted a few months later. You bet your ass I was there then, and was at last week's rally for Sam DuBose too.

I don't want to dismantle the police. I never even suggested that. I'm a realist. Just hold police to the same standard of conduct any other citizen is expected - especially while they're on duty and acting in an official capacity. Murder is murder, B&E is B&E.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Lord of Schwing
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:58 PM

View Postdepricated, on 07 August 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

oh, I'm saying if a civilian raids a cop's house it's criminal, but cops raid a civilian's house and find nothing - no problem, sucks to be the civilian, they're not accountable or responsible for it.

But then you get situations like this, they get information, act on said information and it's wrong and now they face prosecution right?

So what that leads to is an agency that will not act unless they are 100% sure. "Yes ma'am we understand that YOU say you saw that man manufacturing meth in the apartment next but none of us have seen it and we can't get a warrant unless we have,so we can't doing anything about it"

the police need to be able to act outside of normal structures otherwise their effectiveness is limited

I know i'm using hyperbole to make my point but I'm just playing devils advocate here, i fully agree that in cases of criminal conduct or gross negligence there should be repercussions
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Conversion Software Version 7.0

• View blog

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:21 PM

Thing is, they SHOULD be only acting with probable cause. If that information is their probable cause, someone better have signed an affidavit stating so. And that person needs to be held accountable. The charge for lying on an affidavit is perjury. Moreover, any damages (such as from raids) subsequent to such perjured information should be brought against the perjurer.

Hold people accountable in the chain and they'll stop abusing the lack of accountability in it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:24 AM

From what I heard was that the reason these guys were in trouble was because the ringleader was a felon and shouldn't even have guns, and there was an 11 year old boy there with a toy gun. Why would they bring a little boy to something like that? That's child endangerment.

This post has been edited by NeoTifa: 07 August 2015 - 08:24 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:14 AM

That's no different than doing a ride along with a police officer. The part that's messed up is that he had a toy gun, and was allowed to get out of the car.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:16 AM

Even then, if they're going to be apprehending a dangerous criminal, the kid shouldn't have been there. If a cop is giving a ridealong, they're not going to do anything dangerous with a kid with them, they'd send another cop.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I wrote you an code
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 August 2015 - 12:56 PM

Man claims his Yorkshire Terrier saved him from 'Squatch:
http://www.wbtv.com/...enttype=generic
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:11 AM

Horses are the new dirt-bikes in Baltimore
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:31 PM

Driving home just got a little more exciting.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:39 PM

Something like that was happening earlier this year in Colorado.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:41 PM

This.. this is pretty intense.

Police: Man Cuts Off Hand, Flees Police, Crashes Vehicle

A man is being treated for non-life threatening injuries after cutting off his hand and crashing his vehicle into a bridge.

Police say Quentin Dunaway, 32, stabbed himself several times with a knife before leaving his home near 135th and Atwood Avenue Monday evening in a red Ford Fusion. Officers searched for Dunaway, but were not able to find him. Local hospitals were alerted to be on the lookout for him if he were to seek medical care.

At 7 am Tuesday morning, police were called back to the home after Dunaway had returned. After arriving back at the residence, he completely cut off one of his hands using a knife. He then fled from police again.

About 45 minutes later, police responded to a crash near I-80 and 24th Street where a red Ford Fusion had crashed into a bridge. The driver of the vehicle was determined to be Dunaway and he was transported to Nebraska Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.

Dunaway's hand was recovered back at the residence

http://www.wowt.com/...-323698881.html
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (22 Pages)
  • +
  • « First