267 Replies - 27116 Views - Last Post: 20 October 2014 - 11:46 AM

#121 lordofduct  Icon User is online

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Local Yokels

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

POPULAR

My brother and I considered it one evening laying in bed in a motel outside of Deland, FL. We were up in the region having some welding work done on our tractor trailer...

DISCLAIMER - This is a long one, so I put it in spoilers for those of you who want to read it.
Spoiler

We were going to call the book, "A Finger-painted Portrait of an American Family".

This post has been edited by lordofduct: 30 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 7
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

That was an excellent story to read on lunch break ^^ If you ever write that book lordofduct, I want a copy!
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#123 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

A 19-year-old Nebraska woman allegedly robbed a bank and was then seen in a video posted on YouTube bragging about the crime.
Sabata faces robbery and theft charges in connection with the robbery of the Cornerstone Bank branch in Waco, Neb., on Tuesday, Nov. 27. Police say on the same day a stolen car used in the robber's getaway was at Buckley Park in Stromsburg.

The video, uploaded by YouTube user Jellee Beanie, and titled "Chick Bank robber," was posted on Wednesday, Nov. 28, the same day Sabata was arrested. It shows a woman holding handwritten signs that say she robbed a bank and stole a car. The woman then holds a large bundle of cash in front of the camera.

On the signs, she writes that she stole more than $6,000. She says she told her mom it was the best day of her life, but thinks her mom just assumes Sabata met a man.

Sabata also gives her reasons for the robbery, writing the "whole system is a game." She writes that the government took her baby and charged her with neglect.
cite

Her photo:
Posted Image

This is the actual video she posted..

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

Ok did this ditzy chick really think that admitting to everything on video would really keep her out of jail? I can see why CPS would take her child as they are only trying to keep the stupidness from rubbing off on the child.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#125 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

Ok did this ditzy chick really think that admitting to everything on video would really keep her out of jail?

No, I took it as bragging.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

Naw, what really gets me is most of the signs she holds up are all backwards!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#127 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

Oddly I was asked earlier if I wanted a ticket to go, but decided against traveling to Des Moines for bacon. I should have gone when it wasn't so damn mainstream... now they are just going to be sellouts!

The Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival doesn't take place until Saturday at the State Fairgrounds, but plenty of Iowans are already swooning for swine.

Now in its sixth year, the Blue Ribbon Bacon Fest somehow has become hip; a place to be seen.

Organizers have obviously tapped into a marketable concept. The event has doubled in size every year.

The 8,000 tickets for this Saturday's event sold out in three minutes.

"It all happened by complete accident like anything wonderful, electricity, penicillin," said Chief Bacon Officer of Bacon Fest Marshall Porter.

Bacon Fest started off as a quirky little sideshow on the Des Moines social agenda in 2008. A couple hundred people gathered in a downtown bar, eating a lot of bacon.

The big draw was bacon cookies. At the time, pretty weird, but what's weird at Bacon Fest has gotten a lot weirder.

Start with the dress. It is made of real bacon, created by an East Des Moines dressmaker - and it is actually worn by the Bacon Queen...

"It wildly surpassed anything I thought was achievable. I mean, look at it, it sparkles," said Porter.

Zombieburger is riding the bacon wave this weekend with its Hammityville Horror Burger featuring brown sugar and black pepper-crusted pork-belly bacon with candied bacon jam.

http://www.kcci.com/...9#ixzz2KK2EKH8B

A bit more on the bacon queen.

One lucky lady crowned "Bacon Queen" will make an appearance at the 6th annual Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival at the State Fairgrounds in Iowa on Saturday. Kim Pfannebecker, from Des Moines will wear a dress made entirely out of raw and cooked bacon created by a designer in East Des Moines who made the frock over the course of 15-20 hours using 20 pounds of bacon and 48 ounces of glue.

Pfannebecker was crowned on Thursday night after passing a Q&A from the Bacon Fest organizers and performing in a talent competition. On Friday she tweeted that she was attending a ceremony to pardon a pig at the Iowa Governor's Mansion at Terrace Hill led by Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad.

http://shine.yahoo.c...-165102276.html
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I don't care
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

View Postlordofduct, on 30 November 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

My brother and I considered it one evening laying in bed in a motel outside of Deland, FL. We were up in the region having some welding work done on our tractor trailer...

DISCLAIMER - This is a long one, so I put it in spoilers for those of you who want to read it.
Spoiler

We were going to call the book, "A Finger-painted Portrait of an American Family".

I used to live in Deland, I apologize. But know I live in South Daytona, and that's not much of an improvement I guess...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#129 lordofduct  Icon User is online

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

I'm down in West Palm...

Florida for the crazy!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:03 AM

I've been to Vero Beach, Jacksonville and to North Miami.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I don't care
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

View Postbingy, on 10 February 2013 - 03:03 AM, said:

I've been to Vero Beach, Jacksonville and to North Miami.

I was in Jacksonville for a company meeting. I sat next to a window during the meeting and watched a homeless guy get at least $100 by standing on the corner. This went on for 3 hours and when he finally left he went across the street to starbucks and walked out with a coffee and a cookie. And the traffic was awful.

i hate jacksonville.

hate it
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#132 lordofduct  Icon User is online

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

I have many reasons why I dislike Jacksonville.

But of all reasons, that one is kind of small IMO. I mean really... homeless people exist in every city, and people who game the benevolence of strangers as well. I'm fairly certain Daytona has this same thing...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I don't care
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

We do. The city disallows them to beg on the streets, though. And there quite a few active rehab centers and areas where they can be helped for free.

What they need to do is get rid of the pill mills.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#134 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

I saw this at the grocery store this evening. Yes.. this is how we celebrate Valentines Day in Nebraska - two steaks shaped like a heart!

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#135 lordofduct  Icon User is online

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

They do that in Texas as well.
Was This Post Helpful? 0