#181 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Local Yokels

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

View PostBenignDesign, on 08 April 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:

we all like to hear that we're pretty

eyez HATE TAH C j00 GO, BUT eyez WUB TAH WATCH j00 LEAVEZ!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#182 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

... and some how this will be the guy's fault.

She wears short shorts but her boyfriend didn’t like it. So, he fired a handgun into the air.

The incident happened in Waterloo, Iowa. Police arrested 22-year-old Antonio Demario Bullock Tuesday night on suspicion of aggravated domestic assault and intimidation with a weapon.

Bullock and his girlfriend got into an argument because of her shorts. Police say when the argument escalated, Bullock raised a gun in front of the woman, left the home, and fired at least five shots into the air.
[...]

http://www.wowt.com/...-208665861.html
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

Heh, I stumbled across this today. It was slightly amusing.

I don't want to post the name of the article for fear it might get flagged as an inappropriate post.

Florida Police Blotter:
http://on.11alive.com/186bcAA
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#184 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

that's why we have the Local Yokels started by b9. Merging.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#185 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:05 AM

This was sent to me by a buddy out in Colorado. It seems Grand Junction is running on fumes for news.

Road crew paints over dead cat
GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. -

Each year, as a service to Mesa County, crews go out and re-stripe the roads.

In that process they painted right over a dead cat.

The county says the cat has been removed and that section of road has been repainted by hand.

While officials say this is a very unique incident, they did tell us the county will be taking a closer at how situations like this are handled in the future.

“We’ll take this opportunity to review our policies on this and revise them if necessary,” Ryan Cook, Mesa County Spokesperson, said. “We want to make sure that we are protecting Mesa County employees while we also continue to offer a great service to Mesa County taxpayers. “

Mesa County says the painting crew didn't see the cat, but this incident also brings up an issue of safety.

Roads like H Road, where the cat was found, are painted with a two vehicle crew traveling at about eight miles per hour.

If they had seen the cat, gotten out and removed it, the county says crews could have been put at risk.

Still officials have been striking an apologetic tone and say this whole situation is awful.

cite

As it is this is what I see when I pull up the page. Some AV kid queued that first still about right. (Don't click if offended by painted dead cats).
Spoiler

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:59 PM

Worried about the safety of the crew...

The way it reads it implies that we need to do something about dead cats in the road. I know what we can do... start fining those fucking cats, maybe than they'll think twice before dying in the road!

This post has been edited by lordofduct: 17 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

A little local news: the Juneteenth festival, which is a festival to commemorate the freedom of the African-American's from slavery, was shut down due to some dumb ass pulling out a gun and shooting a 10 year old kid. There were also tons of fights. *sigh* Wannabe thugs tryna thug. Some of the witnesses/comentators were furious, talking about reinforcing negative stereotypes and baggy-pants-thug-wannabes ruining it for everybody. I facepalmed the whole news segment.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#188 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

Odd headline news in the paper:

Should pregnant women wear bikinis?

Every summer, pregnant women are forced to battle the heat. Here are a few tips on staying cool and healthy – and looking good doing it!

1. Rock your bikini or whatever style swimsuit you decide is appropriate for you and your body. Your belly is gorgeous, and you should embrace the changes your body is going through. Don't hide it – flaunt it!

FYI - we midwestern folk are a trusting and accommodating people. We let inmates drive other inmates around town.. well until an inmate unfortunately kills someone with the State's van.

The state on Friday suspended a program that allowed prison inmates to drive other work-release inmates to and from jobs when city buses are not operating.

The move comes after an inmate driver, Jeremy Dobbe, was involved in fatal crash in Lincoln Tuesday night, and amid growing criticism of the program.
Dobbe, 35, is serving time in prison for dealing methamphetamine. But his prior convictions include drunken driving in 1998 and 2003, as well as reckless driving in 2001, willful reckless driving in 2003, driving under suspension in 2004 and careless driving in 2010.

On Thursday, state corrections officials released its policies for allowing inmates to drive in a program that's been used since 1985

State policies say “special attention” will be given to a prison inmate's past driving record and chemical abuse history before allowing that inmate to work as a prison driver.

cite
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

So, the policy is "let's give two inmates unsupervised access to a vehicle, open the gates, and let them out of the prison. it's okay, they'll come back"?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

"Well ya see, we wrote down the license plate number, and told them MORE THAN ONCE to come back. It's not like we didn't take preventative measures..."
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#191 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

Masturbating bus-driver caught on Video
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:34 AM

I know it is a slight resurrection, but I found a brilliant news article yesterday that proves that even in the UK, we get local yokels.

Quiche Thieves In Armed Stand Off With Police
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:43 AM

Not exactly local to me, but I saw this on the news and thought it was great.

Idiot Shamed By Sign
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#194 depricated  Icon User is online

• DLN-000

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:23 AM

I dunno, I got respect for anyone who can say "that was stupid of me, I fucked up." and accept whatever punishment is handed them. That it was an idiot sign and public apology is very generous of the people he threatened, and it's nice that he's not being completely screwed for his mistake.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

Oh, Ohio. Speaking of which, Ariel Castro hanged himself in his cell. When I was leaving my lab last night (about 9ish) I heard a bunch of sirens and shit. I guess they rushed him to the Wexner Med Center (where I think I have to work friday actually) on OSU's campus, and he died at about 10:20.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »