Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Local Yokels

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

Poor Stubbs. And just to think, this tragedy happened before he completed his life's work - to see Talkeetna coated in Talkeetnip.

RIP Mayor Kitty
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#198 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

Fitting.. In O-Town we have an article about a police dog getting new clothes.

Posted Image

A La Vista police dog got an important wardrobe upgrade when a private organization awarded him a protective vest.

Tar, a 3-year-old Dutch Shepherd, may not care what he wears to chase down criminals. But Sgt. Bryan Waugh said Wednesday that officers will feel better knowing that he is shielded from harm.

The $1,006 vest was donated by Vested Interest in K9s, a non-profit organization in East Taunton, Masss. The group’s mission is to provide bullet and stab proof vest for police dogs all across the U.S.
[...]
Waugh said La Vista’s other police dog, Leda, was outfitted with a protective vest several years ago through another community partner. Waugh said the dogs mere presence makes a difference in some situations.

“Typically, when a person hears that a dog is outside and may be deployed, they will surrender,” Waugh said. “They want to avoid that bite.”

http://www.omaha.com...-own-protection
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#199 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

Oh, and cheers to the "Saga of vodkasam". Your love for the Hawkeyes is commendable as is your stalwart spirit for tweeting about your lockup and .341 BAC.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#200 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

We've had our first Big Foot sighting (excluding the monster trucks) in ol' Nebraska.

Teen's hairy run-in with 7-footer probed as Bigfoot encounter
LINCOLN — Before July, Saunders County Sheriff Kevin Stukenholtz had never fielded a call about Bigfoot over a lifetime in law enforcement.

Now he has a big mystery on his hands.

Stukenholtz, along with the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission, investigated a reported sighting of an unidentified “hairy” creature in late July on a country road that parallels the Platte River. A hair sample found at the site was still being analyzed.

A 15-year-old reported seeing the creature, which he said stood about 7 feet tall on two legs as it ran in front of the vehicle the youth was driving about 5:30 a.m. The creature then disappeared into the trees along the river.

Stukenholtz, who became county sheriff six years ago after a long career with the Nebraska State Patrol, said he has no reason to believe the report was a hoax. His office is awaiting a report about hair gathered from the scene, between Morse Bluff and Linwood, about 60 miles west of Omaha.
[...]
Luben said he has fielded two previous reports of Bigfoot sightings in his nearly 24 years with Game and Parks. One, he said, turned out to be a rabbit that had left big tracks in the snow. The tracks were misidentified by a Dwight-area resident who had recently moved to the area from Chicago.

Luben and Stukenholtz both said the teen who reported the creature sighting does not want to be identified or interviewed.

“When anyone ever says the term (Bigfoot), it's immediately followed up by a joke,” Stukenholtz said. “They're certainly not looking for any public ridicule.”

http://www.omaha.com.../NEWS/130908877

Yes.. that was a story about a teen being probed about a hairy encounter with a seven footer.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

What were you doing in Nebraska?
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

#202 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:43 AM

Ha.. no.. it wasn't me running around by the river sans shirt....
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#203 lordofduct  Icon User is online

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

So a few months back I was ended up at a good friend's house for a party. While there I reaquanted with a lot of mates from high school. One of whom was this very large gay man who must have thought I was someone completely different as he brought up stories about me being a "homophobe" and stories about him and a friend selling me LSD at a ridiculous price.

I was confused as I wouldn't have ever purchased LSD from this guy, and I most certainly wasn't a homophobe. So I pulled out my phone and pull up a picture on my facebook of a highschool pic of me on my friend Ryan's shoulders wearing a red belly shirt that says "I <3 Boys". He corrects himself and realizes I'm not who he thought I was.

This was a bad idea now though, as he begins messaging me a bunch trying to go on a date. And well... he's just not my type. People with drug problems isn't anything I want to put up with.

Fast-forward...

So this morning I get woke up by my sister asking me if I knew who this guy is. I'm like "sorta, kinda, let me explain...". I assume she ran into him at work or something and he's all running his mouth about something. To my surprise it's because he's in the news.

Turns out back in June he got in a hit and run accident with a man on a bicycle.

He dragged the body and hid it in the bushes.

He continued on down the road, heard a dragging noise under his car, and found the guys bike under his vehicle. He threw that in the bushes at the McDonald's.

He was arrested last night.

http://www.cbs12.com...vid_10410.shtml

WOO HOO! I LOVE FLORIDA!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#204 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

Some dbag held up one of my comicbook and games shop - at knife point - for $150 in YuGiOh cards. The community's small in O-town so it shouldn't take long for this dirt bag to be caught, and hopefully shunned from the city's gaming community.

Police are investigating a Monday morning robbery at an Omaha comics and game shop.

Authorities were called for a report that a man, possibly wearing a Darth Vader hoodie, displayed a weapon and demanded merchandise from the Dragon's Lair Comics near 83rd and Blondo streets around 9:30 a.m.

Owner Bob Gellner said the robber held a clerk up at knifepoint for box sets of Yu-Gi-Oh cards.

"There were a few Yu-Gi-Oh cards taken. Retail value would be around $150," said Gellner.

Gellner and his employees were open for business by early Monday afternoon.

No one was injured during the robbery. Police do not have a suspect at this time.

http://www.ketv.com/...s4/-/index.html
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#205 lordofduct  Icon User is online

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

I want to say "gotta collect them all", but realized it's not the right game.
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

#206 Craig328  Icon User is online

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

Huh. Kinda similar to an event we suffered around here a few weeks back:

Suspects sought in armed robbery, fire at Woodstock video game store

To date, they still haven't found the assclowns who did it...but that's probably because the perps aren't hiding out in any of the local Dunkin Donuts.

This post has been edited by Craig328: 22 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#207 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Head MFIC
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

Uhg

For anyone that bitches about Christmas advertisements coming before Thanksgiving, you can verbally abuse these idiots.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#208 lordofduct  Icon User is online

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:11 PM

So update on that story I told of the person from my town.

Turns out the story in the newspaper isn't accurate.

Turns out he hit the guy with another vehicle, dragged the body and hid it, and... get this.

STOLE THE FUCKING BIKE

Road the bike to mcdonalds, had a burger, and was picked up there.

He then returned to the scene of the accident, got out STILL IN THE BLOOD SOAKED CLOTHES, said "woah, what happened? Did someone get hit?"

Left

Next morning when cops showed up at his door to start the investigation, he again was STILL in the blood soaked clothes.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#209 Craig328  Icon User is online

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

I am actively boycotting spending a single penny with any retailer that opens their doors Thanksgiving Day.

FFS, their employees are already going to be there at effing midnight for this bullcrap...what, it'd kill them to let them have an entire day with their family before they start this deplorable shit?
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

#210 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

Holiday pay isn't bad..time and a half? BAAAAAAAANK.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First