• « First
  • Last »

236 Replies - 24107 Views - Last Post: 17 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: Local Yokels

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

View PostNeoTifa, on 09 October 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

There's nothing like being told you prefer natural selection over divine purpose, when natural selection consists of shit like this. Although on a positive note, if this 'evolution is a belief' nonsense continues, the news will continue to be entertaining and there will be fewer people pissing in the gene pool.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:29 AM

What kills me is these commercials for the campaign, about hard working Americans, & the unemployment rate & blah blah blah.

This is a perfect example of how Americans are unemployable.

Mechanics at Best Chevrolet in Easley South Carolina are caught on audio burning up the clutch in this mans 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS. Then at the end of the audio they suggest billing him for the clutch & getting warranty parts from GM.

Full Story
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#63 Bort  Icon User is online

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:25 AM

Yay!!! I finally get to post a yokel of my own. This was on the BBC News website, and was blamed on 'human error'.

Toddler served whisky in restaurant

This post has been edited by Bort: 11 October 2012 - 05:25 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:25 AM

View Postno2pencil, on 10 October 2012 - 09:29 AM, said:

What kills me is these commercials for the campaign, about hard working Americans, & the unemployment rate & blah blah blah.

Mechanics at Best Chevrolet in Easley South Carolina are caught on audio burning up the clutch in this mans 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS. Then at the end of the audio they suggest billing him for the clutch & getting warranty parts from GM.

Full Story

A Followup to this, apparently they reached a deal afterall.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:29 AM

Mechanics are shady fucks. And lucky me, I get to waste $500.00 on one this weekend.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

I totally was on Livingston Ave today (ghetto) and passed the high school, and not 10 mins later I hear on the radio that a teen was shot right there in a fight. O__o I probably drove past it close to when it happened. Omg.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

View Postno2pencil, on 11 October 2012 - 09:25 AM, said:

View Postno2pencil, on 10 October 2012 - 09:29 AM, said:

Full Story

A Followup to this, apparently they reached a deal afterall.

See, to me, that's a function of a clueless dealership owner rather than asshole mechanics. Mechanics are shady mofos and finding an honest one is like get one of them Wonka Golden Tickets. In other words, you expect assholism from mechanics. That said, when the owner of the dealership first heard of it, he should have offered right there on the spot to repair the car free of charge and certify the repair. The bad press and P.R. for his dealership will now linger forever on Google. That story, no matter how it concluded, will always be out there. It's like a permanent stain.

I had the satisfying experience of running into just such an asshole garage owner a couple of months back after an episode where I'd taken my Jeep to them to fix what was likely nothing more than a clogged fuel filter and the assholes call me back saying they needed to replace the entire fuel pump and so on and it would cost upwards of $800 to do it. I got that message, hopped online and saw that fuel pumps for my Jeep ran MAYBE $70 and perhaps up to maybe 2.5 hours to do, total. In other words, maybe $250 going fat. Short story was I called them back, told them not just "no" but "you're fucking insane, no, put it back together and I'll have it towed somewhere else" and then literally had to threaten the manager with a call to the sheriff to get them to do so because he wouldn't stop with the scare stories/pleading to let me have them repair it. Next guy fixes the whole thing for $180 total but tells me that he had to fish out a bunch of red silicone someone had squirted around the fuel pump seal that had liberally dripped into the tank (silicone and gasoline don't go together and is like an Automotive 101 Don't Do). They did that because of the 4 screws that held the pump in place, they used but one when they put it back together.

Anyhow, I run into the chuckling assclown at the Chick Fil A a few months back (his garage is next door) as I'm getting out of my Jeep. He follows me in to the restaurant and asks in a really sarcastic tone how badly did the repair go with the other guy I sent it to and he'd be glad to have a look at it. To say that I relayed my version of the repair to him in a slightly higher tone of voice and that I've subsequently told probably 30 people to avoid his rip-off garage like genital warts would be an understatement. Right there in the crowded restaurant in front of dozens of folks and ended it with "and more than 1 of them told me they already knew you guys were crooked bastards and suggested I report your business practices to the Better Business Bureau".

Good on the guy he got his car situation straightened out. Bad on the dealership owner who didn't act immediately to snuff the fracas as word of mouth counts for way more than any hundreds of TV and radio commercials ever will.
Was This Post Helpful? 4
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:10 AM

Meanwhile in Ohio (Cleveland)

All I can say is... DAAAAAAAAAYYUUUUMMM you got knocked the fuck out!

** Disclaimer I don't condone men hitting women, but these kids are out of hand these days.

This post has been edited by Nykc: 12 October 2012 - 09:16 AM
Reason for edit:: fixed media tags (removed 's' in https)

Was This Post Helpful? 4
  • +
  • -

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

On a side note, that new RTA has really cleaned up Euclid.

Related, pfft, that's what she gets for f*k'n with the driver. *BLAM!*
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

On a side note, I want that falcon punch in an animated gif format.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

Holy shiat! Nice uppercut. How that wasn't a standing 8 count I have no idea.

I think her head got popped so far back on that, that for a moment there, she was staring at her own asscrack.

And yeah, I didn't see what she did but she escalated the confrontation from verbal to physical and well, if you're not prepared to absorb the physical coming back, maybe you might think twice about starting crap like that. For some unknown reason, some women believe that they can do anything like that and the man's just supposed to take it.

For some guys, that answer is: wrong.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

She definitely initiated it - she hit him while he was driving a buss full of people. Then the threatening remarks she made after she got Shoryuken! (Street Fighter - Ken uppercut) doesn't really help her case much either.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

In B4 "I'd hit that" becomes inappropriate.
Was This Post Helpful? 4
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

... now taking you to out in Western Nebraska the local preschoolers watch two guys dig a hole:

Attached Image

Students from the Scottsbluff Public School morning preschool program watch intently as district maintenance workers Travis Rickey, left, and Lenny Fenner uncover some utility lines in the school’s playground area Thursday. [...]
cite
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

View Postmodi123_1, on 12 October 2012 - 12:27 PM, said:

... now taking you to out in Western Nebraska the local preschoolers watch two guys dig a hole:

Attachment 20121012.jpg

Students from the Scottsbluff Public School morning preschool program watch intently as district maintenance workers Travis Rickey, left, and Lenny Fenner uncover some utility lines in the school’s playground area Thursday. [...]
cite

You can tell that's totally staged by the way they're district workers but there are TWO of them shoveling (when in reality there'd be just the one) and there are NO 17 other dudes, standing around, leaning on shovels watching the one dude dig.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »