4 Replies - 1953 Views - Last Post: 03 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

If I overclock my graphics card, cam it damage my processor/anything?

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:16 AM

I purchased an Asus EN210 SILENT 1gb Nvidia Geforce 210 graphics card recently, and am planning on overclocking it. I have an Intel dh67cl mobo, an i7 2700k, 4gb ram, a 250 gb hard drive, and an antec ea-650 psu (650 watt).

My case has a place for a fan that would be right by the graphics card, so cooling isn't too much of a concern.

I was wondering if overclocking the graphics card could damage anything besides the graphics card. I might get a little carried away, and I am not really worried about ruining a 35 dollar card, but I don't want to damage my system.

I usually don't play many games, but I picked up Fallout 3 for $2.99, so I decided to try it. I also have been wanting to try Bastion.

*pc games

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: If I overclock my graphics card, cam it damage my processor/anything?

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: If I overclock my graphics card, cam it damage my processor/anything?

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:05 AM

Typically no.. overclocking the card, at best, maybe burn out your videocard or the socket depending on what you do. Minimal risk to the cpu, but I can't guarantee you don't do something galactically stupid that would hose your cpu. Good luck.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:20 AM

Thanks. I figured this was the case, but I wanted to make sure because I am overcautious. I probably won't overclock to the point of danger, but we will see.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

nowadays, its actually REALLY hard to damage your hardware if you follow really basic rules.

from what I've seen, hardware burnouts happen when newbies use copypasta overclocking settings from forums and assume that it's safe for their chip.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

Also depends on your case size and ventilation. If you have some media center case I would think twice.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1