2 Replies - 2191 Views - Last Post: 11 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

microcontroller programming

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:07 PM

I recently started learning microcontroller programming using atmega16/32 and after doing many variations of hello world equivalents ,blinking LEDs ,I decided to take on a solar tracker project.The project is in its final stages (the solar panel is finally moving )but it has not been easy for me (I have zero electrical knowledge) and I have been learning everything on the fly.so has anyone here done any embedded projects? I badly need some inspiration/motivation.Here's what I've learn't so far.I can tell you all the numerous ways of making a H-bridge that won't work because I did them all.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: microcontroller programming

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: microcontroller programming

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

Hey there, I have experience with micro-controllers. I have done lots of things with them from Accelerometers to infrared to maze navigating robots and even an auto flushing toilet. I have used the BASIC Stamp and some PIC. My background is in electronics, so I have good knowledge of circuits. My tip to stay motivated is find a platform you like and make various projects with them. Learn the theory of electricity and the basics of electronics such as resistor color code, diodes, the difference between pnp and npn transistors and the various series of logic chips(the 7400 series is a good one to start with as it has many different logic functions). Once you learn your electronics you'll be safe as to not blow it up. Micro-controllers can be lots of fun. Fun projects I do is to make circuits that gather data and them send them to a PC application and process the data there. Don't quit on it, it really opens your eyes as to how little devices work.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: microcontroller programming

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

I've been wanting to play around with some of those Arduinos, I got to try one out last week!

I haven't built anything yet but I will be doing some repairs for Tiny Dunio this weekend.

Got a million ideas in my head for what I can build with those, just need a budget!

edit: media tags never work.

This post has been edited by calvinthedestroyer: 11 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1