1) I've downloaded the latest version of BoostPro (v 1.51, x64) -- see http://www.boostpro.com/download/
2) I've installed boost using the executable from step 1
3) I've configured MSVC 10 and got the example code running correctly
4) According to the next step in the manual, I should get the bjam build driver. I get referred to here. Section 5.1 tells me that I do not need to do anything else, since I used the BoostPro installer and installed all variants of the boost.regex binary.
5) I cd into the libs/python/example/quickstart/ directory of my Boost installation to try the example project
6) Invoking bjam fails. The following is returned:
C:\Program Files\boost\boost_1_51\libs\python\example\tutorial>bjam toolset=msvc --verbose-test test Unable to load Boost.Build: could not find build system. --------------------------------------------------------- C:\Program Files\boost\boost_1_51\libs\python\example\boost-build.jam attempted to load the build system by invoking 'boost-build ../../../tools/build/v2 ;' but were unable to find "bootstrap.jam" in the specified directory or in BOOST_BUILD_PATH (searching C:\Pogram Files\boost\boost_1_51\libs\python\example\../../../tools/build/v2). Please consult the documentation at 'http://www.boost.org'.
There are approximately 9999 pages of documentation for like 50 different libraries/binaries/versions of boost, and in most of the pages the links referring to for instance executables do actually not refer to executables. So I've spent an entire day or more into even get this freaking thing to work. So now I'm standing on the edge of that 10 story building (got my laptop + wifi) and I'm about to leave this cruel world. Could you please help me out here?