2 Replies - 802 Views - Last Post: 30 September 2012 - 02:25 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Failing to install boost.build

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:25 AM

Hi guys, I'm about to jump off a 10 story building right now, and you're the only ones who can prevent me from taking the leap... I'm trying to use boost.python to combine python with c++, so I went to boost.org and followed the following steps (see also http://www.boost.org...building.html):

1) I've downloaded the latest version of BoostPro (v 1.51, x64) -- see http://www.boostpro.com/download/

2) I've installed boost using the executable from step 1

3) I've configured MSVC 10 and got the example code running correctly

4) According to the next step in the manual, I should get the bjam build driver. I get referred to here. Section 5.1 tells me that I do not need to do anything else, since I used the BoostPro installer and installed all variants of the boost.regex binary.

5) I cd into the libs/python/example/quickstart/ directory of my Boost installation to try the example project

6) Invoking bjam fails. The following is returned:

C:\Program Files\boost\boost_1_51\libs\python\example\tutorial>bjam toolset=msvc --verbose-test test
Unable to load Boost.Build: could not find build system.
---------------------------------------------------------
C:\Program Files\boost\boost_1_51\libs\python\example\boost-build.jam attempted to load the build system by invoking

'boost-build ../../../tools/build/v2 ;'

but were unable to find "bootstrap.jam" in the specified directory
or in BOOST_BUILD_PATH (searching C:\Pogram Files\boost\boost_1_51\libs\python\example\../../../tools/build/v2).

Please consult the documentation at 'http://www.boost.org'.

There are approximately 9999 pages of documentation for like 50 different libraries/binaries/versions of boost, and in most of the pages the links referring to for instance executables do actually not refer to executables. So I've spent an entire day or more into even get this freaking thing to work. So now I'm standing on the edge of that 10 story building (got my laptop + wifi) and I'm about to leave this cruel world. Could you please help me out here?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Failing to install boost.build

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Failing to install boost.build

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

searching C:\Pogram Files...

Did you typo something to make it look in Pogram Files rather than Program Files?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Failing to install boost.build

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:25 AM

Typo, sorry

I also seem not to be able to edit my posts, so here's the double post:

To prevent misunderstandings, I've made a typo in the forum post, not in e.g. the config files.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1