1 Replies - 388 Views - Last Post: 29 September 2012 - 02:26 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Browsing History for Each User

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

Hi there,

I am beginner and thinking to make a web browser who has log in system and each user has his/her own browsing history. Like User A, B and C registered on the browser. So each of them have their own browsing history so when User A will log in he get his browsing history and when User B log in or switch then he get his own history. I have a knowledge of classes, and all basic information like loops, foreach, arrays, linklists etc.

Second Question is that where and how should I store each user's data like log in name, password and history and options. Database can be use but I think it wouldn't be good option cause I want some that sort of program that I can run it anywhere and if connect it with DB then I have to create same name DB in each computer where ever I'll install the Browser. So please give me some cool advices and of my level (Beginner with some basic information)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Browsing History for Each User

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Browsing History for Each User

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

The operating system already has users. Their documents, history and so on are already kept separate from each other.

This idea of multiple users logging into the browser... Is a silly one at best - or an attempt to fool users into providing you with their history, log in information, banking details and so on at worst case.

Nobody with an ounce of understanding is going to use it because it totally compromises their banking information, browsing history and so on. If you haven't noticed, all the major browsers are going the other way; providing users with complete anonymity.

I have a knowledge of classes, and all basic information like loops, foreach, arrays, linklists etc.

Ok - so the first month of your first class. That is by no means enough to start architecting a program from scratch. Get through the course and just worry about learning - not designing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1