1 Replies - 3538 Views - Last Post: 01 October 2012 - 04:56 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Java domino game

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

Hi people!

Im trying to start developing a java game of dominoes in IDE Netbeans.

I only have experience with C and very little in C++.

Started learning java one week ago.

What is the best way to start making a game like this in Netbeans?
What kind of classes ill have to make?
The game is to be played one agains other in multilplayer style.

How do i sart this!
Its a semester work by the way.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Java domino game

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Java domino game

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

View PostMyshkin, on 29 September 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

Started learning java one week ago.

Let me just point out that there may be some things in this idea that may be out of your reach at the moment. My suggestion is that you take the time to learn the language first. Don't worry about making games, don't worry about making any specific project beyond making sure that you understand the language syntax, principles of good object-oriented design and development, and how things within a Java environment work.

What is the best way to start making a game like this in Netbeans?

The IDE itself isn't going to matter as much as your understanding of the Java language and any libraries you use. Your best bet is to start by specifically laying out your goals with this project - is it going to be an application or an applet (will it run on a desktop or in a web browser)? Is it going to be text-based or graphical? Lay out specifically what you want/need and then you can start to work toward those goals, one at a time.

What kind of classes ill have to make?

Again, that's going to depend on your ability to layout the requirements for the program and to apply good object-oriented design. For this, I strongly suggest writing application flowcharts and UML diagrams to help you get an understanding of how your application should work before beginning to program it.

The game is to be played one agains other in multilplayer style.

This may be more problematic, if you're planning on doing any sort of networked multiplayer. Multiplayer within the same window will be less of a problem, but it will still provide some challenges with regard to how you design your application. If you do want to some form of networked multiplayer, you're going to have a lot more work ahead of you: how sockets work, a basic understanding of computer networking (what IP addresses are, how they work, etc), etc. are all going to be the minimum bits of knowledge to begin working with any of that.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1