1 Replies - 762 Views - Last Post: 30 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Question: interactive menus HTML, CSS and Contribute

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:11 AM

I'm currently working on a site that when I turn it over to my customer that is going to have some Flash. My customer is wanting to update it himself using Contribute CS5 and I know that you can't edit Flash with Contribute, but the site needs interactivity. The flash is menu that you click on pictures and the image shows in a bigger version. My question is what language will work with Contribute and get the results I want?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Question: interactive menus HTML, CSS and Contribute

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Question: interactive menus HTML, CSS and Contribute

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

Are you determined to use Flash? From that brief description, it sounds like you could just as easily use Javascript. The upside there is that the user would not be required to use a 3rd party plugin to see it, and it would integrate far better into the site.

As for updating stuff with Contribute. I have no real idea of it's capabilities, but if it's what I think it is, then it should be able to edit XML and JSON files, right? If you set your Flash/Javascript code up to display data based on a XML or JSON data file, then all your client would have to do to change the contents of the menu would be to edit the XML or JSON file.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1